Topic: AES32 problem at 96khz

Hello

My AES32 not working at 88 and 96khz.

44/48khz works fine but when I change to 88/96 only one channel of audio sounds, apart the sound of that channel sounds strange.

Running the soundcard on Internal on WinXP latest drivers and flash.

To discard soft problem I installed the soundcard in Mac with Mavericks and same problem occurs.

Is my aes32 faulty? What can I do?

thank you

Re: AES32 problem at 96khz

What device are you connecting to? Check your HDSP Settings app, there are settings for Double Speed > Double Wire or Single Wire that would cause this if set to a mode incompatible with the next device.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok I will check

thank you

No solution, I'm afraid, but I have a similar problem.

I recently moved  my AES32 from an XP machine to my new PC - i7 Skylake, 32gB, running Windows 10. I've turned off processor throttling.
I've loaded the latest rme driver and updated the flash.
I don't use the daughter board, as I only want a max of 3 AES pairs.
My DAW is  Sadie 6.1 which recognises the rme card perfectly.
I'm working in ASIO mode
AES pair 1 I use for monitoring via a Sound Devices 722
AES pair 4 feeds a Bricasti using AES4 return to the mixer.
RME settings are on internal and it's set to single wire and professional

44.1 projects run fine. The sample rate changes correctly and the Bricasti syncs at the correct sample rate and no glitching with 256 in the buffer.
For 96k projects, the sample rate changes correctly in settings, the Bricasti syncs, but the output sound is heavily distorted, with a sound like someone shaking a spring-line reverb (showing my age!)

When I first installed the card, I couldn't get it to work at 44.1 either, but by disabling windows sounds and the internal sound card and making sure the rme was not being used for WDM, it all came to life for 44,1 but not 96k

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, so any ideas?

Thanks

Outhouse

A little extra info:
Playing a 96k project ( just a stereo track) the 722 locks and displays 96k, but the sound is distorted as described above. It is slow and low pitch as well.
The same project runs fine on the same computer using Sadie hardware (LRX2)
The reason I need to run native without the Sadie hardware is that I have an 80 track project to mix, which exceeds the LRX capabilities.
Having read other threads in this forum, I have set WDM to 0 - no change
I intend to look at PC tuning as suggested by Rameses, but what I'm doing at present isn't placing high demands on the PC
Thanks
Steve
Outhouse Audio

I've experienced this as well.  I'm on a windows machine here and the problem appeared to be that my windows sounds were set to use the RME card. disabling the RME device within windows sounds cured it.

I disabled windows sounds as shown above. Before I did this the card would try to lock to 32k, which I believe is the SF of windows sounds.
I still have the problem at 96k however.
44 and 48k are working fine.

Thanks
Steve
Outhouse Audio