Topic: how to play multichannel media with AES-32 on Windows ?

I just unpacked and installed my brand new AES-32 and all is working fine except that I can't find a way to play multichannel media. No matter what player I use (WMP QuickTime even GraphEdit) output is stereo only from AES-32(1+2). How should I route the other channels to AES-32(2+3) ... and so on ?

Latest firmware (2.33), latest drivers (WDM 3.0.5.6), external synched from BigBen @ 192 KHz, feeding ADI-8 QS and Yamaha MSP7/SW10 6.1 sorround sound monitoring setup.

I did some research on this forum and everywhere on the net and I presume it has something to do with the driver implementation (ie: the AES-32 not presenting it a multichannel device but as many 8-channel independent pairs) am I right ?

Turnarounds if this is the case ?

Please, advise.

Re: how to play multichannel media with AES-32 on Windows ?

Check Interleaved, then configure the card as 5.1 set in the Windows Speaker Setup.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

bingo !

working as expected right now

I was wondering why I overlooked such a setting and it seems my manual has to be outdated since it didn't mention it all so I'm getting the lastest documentation.

instant reply, incredible support, you rock Matthias !

Hello, I have a problem with multichannel out on vista 64bit. I use aes-32 with adi8qs.
I have checked interleaved and the windows menu is set to 6 channel 16 bit 48 khz. When i play i file with either windows mediaplayer or power dvd i get just a blank screen and the program stops to work.

Any idea what i do wrong?

Kind regards

ANfe