Topic: TotalMix FX for iPad app v 1.3 available on the App Store

History see here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=22183

TotalMix FX for iPad version 1.30 is now available on the App Store. Version 1.30 has been compiled with the latest iOS libraries. While this ensures iOS 9 compatibility and gives 64 bit support, it is no longer compatible to iOS 5.1.1 - which simply means it is not available for the original iPad anymore. Required is now iOS 6.01 or up. This step had to come one day anyway, as the sample rate handling and Enable Background feature did not work under 5.1.1 as expected.

So TotalMix FX for iPad 1.3 runs on iPad2 or newer. It adds support for iOS 9 and the iPad Pro:

- compiled for 64 bit operation

- supports slide over and split view

- full resolution on the iPad Pro

- added options 'Loopback' and 'EQ for record' to Babyface and Babyface Pro

- small bug fixes and performance improvements

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX for iPad app v 1.3 available on the App Store

Dear MC, I'm happy you keep updating this great app. I use it very often in my live performances. I don't know if you remembrer:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … mp;login=1

I can handle the lack of loopback feature by using this ADAT cable, but is the 1.3 incluiding loopback for Fireface UCX?? I wish so!!

Also, I'm really looking forward for you to implement MIDI support, it would be so so useful, and would make live performances much more easy and comfortable.

Thanks a lot!

www.eccecello.com

The Loopback feature needs a change in the firmware, unfortunately. When we developed BF and BF Pro this was already part of the firmware from the start. I still hope we will see Loopback for the UCX as well soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes please!!

What about MIDI control of TOTALMIX?? iOS environment is now very friendly to midi or virtual midi, and it really makes everything easier... I hope you're considering it also.

Thanks.

www.eccecello.com

The loopback feature is now part of the latest firmware updates, also in the UCX (see driver update threads). The new iPad app that supports the use of this function will be available soon as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

When will the MadiFX be updated?

www.analoguemastering.com

That so great news!! Finally loopback... I use it (with the digital cable trick) in every performance.

What about iOS-MIDI control of the app, is it coming?

Thanks a lot!

David

www.eccecello.com

Raphie wrote:

When will the MadiFX be updated?

It was (or is) already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ecce_cello wrote:

That so great news!! Finally loopback... I use it (with the digital cable trick) in every performance.

What about iOS-MIDI control of the app, is it coming?

Some day maybe. Sorry, but this has low priority on our long list of things to do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by ecce_cello 2016-03-06 20:57:28)

Hi! I see the totalmix app has been updated to use LOOPBACK! yeah... but...

sad

It doesn't work, I send you a video... first, when I activate it in output channel 3, then Loopy app should record as I choose input channel 3 in it, shouldn't it...?? but it doesn't.

Also the "loopback" button disappears when pressing the small settings button close to each output channel, you can watch it in the video:

https://youtu.be/F69XQyWPqFU

I'm ussing ipad mini retina 2014, ios 7.1 and fireface UCX

It's been a long time waiting for this, I hope it works. Thanks for your support!

www.eccecello.com

I don't see where you can configure Loopy to record from input channel 3.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's loopy or any other app that has input channel selection. I've tried also with Turnado and others.

Loopy has one of the menus (you can see in the video), that allows you to select inputs by pairs (stereo) or by mono, in this case up to 16. In the video you can see, when I select channel 1, it records, but when I choose channel 3 it doesn't, even if loopback in output 3 is activated.

I've tried with other apps and it's the same.

Also what about the disappearance of the "loopback" button when pressing Settings button?

Please, it's been a long waiting time, I got a performance this saturday, and I'd really like to fucus on music and forget about technique...

Does it work or it doesn't??

Thanks a lot.

www.eccecello.com

I also tested audiobus, selecting input 3 (after activating input3 loopback and making a submix that sends all instruments to out3) and sending it to any app... it just doesn't work.

www.eccecello.com

Some posts above:

> The loopback feature is now part of the latest firmware updates, also in the UCX (see driver update threads)

From those driver threads:

>  (new Reverbs and CC features), and similarly requires a new firmware for UCX, UFX and 802

From the App Store description text:

> Version 1.31 and up require updated firmware versions for new functions: UFX CC 28, UCX CC 12, 802 CC 9 or up. These or newer ones are available on the RME website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

omg.
Didn't follow the procedure!
I apologize.

It means I will have it for my this next concert!

Thanks a lot for your support.

www.eccecello.com

Dear RME team: THANK YOU.

This last update of totalmix for ipad has allowed me to work, not only more comfortably, but to make things weren't possible before. Loopback allows me to send the audio from one app to another without the need of using other apps that consume RAM and cpu. That's a giant step! Great work!!

Also, you already know, but people like me are very thankful that you make devices like the UCX able to connect to idevices, that's my fieldwork, and the quality of my sound has increased exponentially thanks to it. big_smile

The only thing left... MIDI, if only the Snapshots could be recalled by a CC or a NOTE... auch!! That would be heaven. That would make perfection. But perfection doesn't exist...

www.eccecello.com

...or maybe it does?

www.eccecello.com

The iPad app does not support being remote controlled at this time, but will most probably do one day.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

would it be possible to have an ipad act as a wifi access point and then allow other devices to connect to it and control totalmix on iPad through OSC ?  that would be a good update and would also work well with global OSC control if its still a possibility one day.

20 (edited by ecce_cello 2016-03-09 13:40:26)

Yep,
given that Totalmix app is a (super)mixer, you are likely to be working in the ipad with other music apps, so being able to change adjustments remotely (without the need cut the workflow to switch to Totalmix and back to your music app) makes total sense.

Also implementing basic midi stuff would not mean to change the architecture of the app itself! I wish there were a way to support with money these kind of improvements... I would be generous with the development of tools that improve my work. And I wouldn't be the only one, I'm sure.

But I'm so happy with my Fireface, I can't complain!

www.eccecello.com

ecce_cello wrote:

The only thing left... MIDI, if only the Snapshots could be recalled by a CC or a NOTE... auch!! That would be heaven. That would make perfection.

It also would be heaven, if there would be a TotalMixFX for iPhone/iPodTouch app. In combination with the new lightning camera adapter this would make UCX or BF the most compact and flexible recording and mixing solution on planet.

In your case I strongly recommend "MiMiX", that supports Midi Controllers. There is even a Version for iPhone that unfortunately only can be used in Stereo out mode with RME Interfaces because of the missing activation option for "Multichannel", that only can be activated in TotalMix for iPad App roll In combination with an iPad + ARC + Audiobus you should be already able to reach a special kind of heaven today cool

22 (edited by ecce_cello 2016-04-11 17:16:25)

Thanks loonypac, but now with "loopback" feature, we need no audiobus! I mean, I love the app, but not really good for live situations. Now I can make my own audibuses only in my RME soundcard, that's really heaven!! Also I recently discovered AUM Audio Mixer app from Kymatica, that one really beats it! And no need for audiobus, which adds clicks and pops (at least in my actual devices) and latency.

It would be great that they would allow the interface to "remember" the activated "multichanel" option, wether as a general setting that remains (as other do when you set it up using Totalmix) or in one of the 6 memory slots.

Cheers!!

David

www.eccecello.com

ecce_cello wrote:

now with "loopback" feature, we need no audiobus!

You asked for MIDI. I gave a suggestion for MIDI (not for iPad only solution). iPhone/iPod isn't really supported by RME as iPad is. That is very unfortunate.