1 (edited by phillip fee 2015-12-19 05:08:46)

Topic: Fireface UC problem

Hi,

I disconnected my Fireface UC temporarily for 1 week during some painting. When I set it up again, I connected the PSU first and I get some strange behaviour from the LEDs on the UC box - green signal LEDs all light up and as expected the red host light is illuminated (on some occasions I get the red clip leds on or after a while some strange patterns with several of the yellw leds lighting up. These other lights tend to come on only if I power cycle the UC unit with the rear power toggle switch. If I power it right off at the PSU and restart after a pause I get the pattern with all signal LEDs flickering and the host light on - nothing else.)

This is all with no audio leads connected. When connected via USB cable to the laptop the Win7 64 (latest driver) PC fails to recognise the machine (windows message sees only unknown USB device - damaged or malfunctioning and classes it as a generic USB hub). Host light remains on - unit is in PC mode, I checked.

I thought the PSU (supplied with unit sold here in Australia (voca communications made in Hong Kong, model no: 4116-1230-3DC rated on the case at 12 volt/300milliamps ) might be the issue so I tested output with Fluke meter - output is 17.37 volts DC steady, AC test shows 0.002 volt only).

Fireface unit has had no shock or exposure to anything - just put aside in another room and has previously never missed a beat.

Is the Fireface itself likely to need service or is this something more likely remediable with a different PSU - I can source alternate PSUs easily, getting service over Xmas/New Year might be tricky.

Regards,
phil

Re: Fireface UC problem

Just did a longer run with the PSU connected and powered and after a few minutes the green signal LEDs and the Red clip leds started pulsing on and off briefly @ about 1 Hz.

I spoke to product support here in Oz and sourced a new PSU from a local electronics store. Fireface UC is working fine again.

Similar issues on this side. I changed the power supply and everything seems to be normal now.