1 (edited by juniton 2015-12-23 15:10:41)

Topic: Workspace Name Visability in TotalMix

Hi,

We really enjoy working with our MadiFX Card!

At our studio we have to handle many different Workspace "presets" for different sessions/situations/artists.

If we were able to see the current active Workspace name in the window frame at a glance, it would make things a lot more convenient in busy work days.

Would be a great feature.

Thanks in any way and happy holidays!
Markus

Re: Workspace Name Visability in TotalMix

+1, good idea.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

+1

I've been wanting this for a while.

Thanks.

This is an absolute must.  I just got my first RME product last week, the Fireface 802 and immediately came across this limitation, in fact, the entire reason I started an account on this forum, was just to speak of this.  I was going to start my own thread on the matter, but came across this one, which shows I am not the only one desiring this omission, in TotalMix FX.

I cannot believe with how complex the TotalMix FX software is, that something so simple as having a visual display of the currently loaded workspace, isn't an option.  I was extremely frustrated working with the workspaces over the past few days, as it is impossible to tell which is loaded without a name being present.  I have a few workspaces created, with only subtle changes occurring between them for my needs and unless I really obsess with what looks different on screen, I will never know which workspace is currently in use.  In order to avoid any issues, I end up wasting my time loading a workspace again, just to be sure I am on the right one, before I begin making changes.  I find this a real workflow killer and can cause some serious mistakes by the end user, if they end up making changes to the wrong workspace, as they didn't realize which was loaded.

Cubase does this perfectly, as the name of the currently loaded project is permanently listed right on the top menu bar, very easy to read and understand.  TotalMix FX seriously needs some sort of visual display of the currently loaded workspace, either on the top menu bar of the program, or anywhere else the devs feel it could be conveniently placed.

This thread was started back in December and the latest drivers were from April, so it seems this is already going unnoticed, but I hope this changes.  TotalMix FX offers a lot of features and flexibility and this 'issue' is the only one that I noticed so far from TotalMix FX, that I feel needs addressing.

I understand the devs are busy, have a schedule etc, but please add this to the list of things to accomplish for a future release of TotalMix FX and hopefully sooner than later, as already there are 3 users who feel they need this to take place and likely countless others, that will never bother to come onto the forum to voice their opinion on this.

Thank you for your time and patience in reading this and for any consideration into the matter.