Topic: Sound collapse with HDSP 9632 and Windows 8.1

Installed are HDSP 9632 with TotalMix FX, Windows 8.1 and latest drivers, Nvidia GTX 660 graphics.
Quadcore with 16 GB working space. Current use only Stereo with an external mixing console (analog).

The sound disappears in the early stage after starting the PC, certainly within the first 10-15 minutes, probably stable after 30 minutes. But it can collapse also later, after 1-2 hours occasionally.
It concerns all sounds from for example Cubase, Band-in a box, Itunes, DVD, Youtube. Sound is always the first thing to go, before video.

Initially the sound is gone, next can be stop of the moving device in the video, or the total video pictures, the complete application or the PC itself. In the latter case that must be shut down by cutting the supply.

I have disabled all that i found, such as Realtek HD, Soundblaster and audiodrivers from NVIDIA, i use only 1 WDM for the relevant applications, but i can shut it off, using Asio.

I woudl like to upgrade  Cubase 7.0 to 8.5 and then install Windows 10, before i like to eliminate the current issue.

Anybody experienced this ?

Hans

Re: Sound collapse with HDSP 9632 and Windows 8.1

hi hattnik7,i have very similar issue with you.
for me it's HDSP 9632 and Windows 7 pro sp1
everytime windows start up,it works normally for several minutes.
and then all of a sudden the sound stopped.
and when i looked into the device manager,the HDSP 9632 driver was gone.
so i have to reboot and the same sequence repeated.
have you solved your problem yet?
thank you

No such problem here in Win8.1

If the card is gone in Device Manager then I expect a bad working PCI slot (through whatever bridge instead of direct chipset) on a newer motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME