Topic: copy settings between units?

Have a baby face, just bought the baby face pro.
I realize they don't share the same channel count (hence not the same totalmix layout) and so on,
but is there any way to copy my old totalmix workspace, so I don't have to do the setup again?
I guess the answer is no, but just making sure...

Elof

Re: copy settings between units?

Only possible manually by setting everything identical. Make screenshots from the Matrix to do so, and save the EQs and FX Presets to disk to reload them with the other device.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for letting me know Matthias!
I figured it wasn't possible between different interfaces.

MC wrote:

Only possible manually by setting everything identical. Make screenshots from the Matrix to do so, and save the EQs and FX Presets to disk to reload them with the other device.

Where/how are the settings stored?

I just moved my Internal PCIe card/Digiface rig to a new computer.

I had it all setup on the old computer - same/latest Driver.

Not sure I had stored anything as a preset so I suppose it would be the default.

Is there any way to extract this form the old machine to the new?

Hugh

The paths are described in the manual. It's all there and can esasily be copied. Of course it would have been more wise to first save everything as Workspace file and just copy that one to the new machine.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Can I just copy the text or rename the file to import all settings from a UFX+ to a new UFX II?
We have been using the UFX+ in USB 2.0 mode without the MADI Channels.

So from the user library renaming the last.FirefaceUFX+[...].xml to last.FirefaceUFXII.[...].xml or copying all the text?

(The [...] dots representing their respective serial numbers)

Thanks!

I tried, so to give an answer to myself:
Yes, it is possible, just renaming the xml or copying all the text is not sufficient though, as the interface's name and serial number are mentioned several times in the xml file.
Opening that with a text editor and searching and replacing all those names with the new interface's name and serial number did the trick.
Everything is there from eq and dynamic settings to snapshots, just fader and mute groups were lost, but these were quick to restore.

Did you already try to save settings to a workspace file and then to load/restore this backup of settings on the other machine?
Works perfect for me.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I tried that, was not working (maybe since the UFX II is not then same model as the UFX+?)

Thought you talk about the same recording interface.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello, I have Babyface Pro FS. As I suppose it is possible to save Totalmix workspace and open it from another computer and from another Babyface Pro FS unit, am I right?

Is there any other RME model (different than BF Pro FS) to which I can import workspace from BF Pro FS?

If not, is it at least possible to export FX pressets (EQ, reverb, delay) to different RME units (those with FX functionality)?

There is a Preset Export/Import, which works independent of the device. Same for EQ and DYN. It's just not that quick and easy as a complete workspace as it is one preset only, then the next one and so on.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

13 (edited by Del_Gesu 2022-08-31 12:50:47)

Thank you for response.
By saying „works independent of the device” you mean, that I can export EQ/rev/delay presset from BF Pro FS and import it to e.g. Fireface UXC II (and any other model with FX)?

What about workspace? Can I open it from different BF Pro FS unit and is there any other RME model, from which I can open this workspace?

Edit: I am asking, because I would like to know how flexible is process of exchanging settings in RME environment. I am preparing new composition with live electronics and there is chance I will not be at its premiere, so if the performer will have RME device, I have to know how much compatible will be Totalmix settings I prepare for him in my home.

There is no general compatibility of Workspaces between different models. But for the same model it will always work. In your case even BF Pro and BF Pro FS are identical.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME