Topic: MCU PRO & Extender Problems

Having a problem getting Totalmix /Fireface 802 setup and talking to my MCU Pro and Extender Pro via midi
I have tried every combo of midi ins and outs listed in Totalmix and I can not get the Fireface to show a midi out signal.
I can not get the channel names or levels to appear on Extender Pro.

I can "select" channels and move their faders.
There does not seem to be a way to select the input trim/gain on individual channels.
Manual lists SEL + Dynamics???

Tutorial somewhere on this?

THanks

Duff

Re: MCU PRO & Extender Problems

Never mind, got it sorted. You have to asign the same midi ports as used in your daw. So I needed to use MCU port 1 sub both in and out. Then you need to make sure that you set release midi prot in back ground.

Duff

Your post is unclear. Can you move faders in TM FX and they move on the hardware? Can you do the same vice versa? If only one fails then your setup is wrong in that (one) way). If both work then everything works as expected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Actually the manual is extremely unclear on how to set this up with an MCU.

I found that in order to get full LCD display and levels feedback to the MCU, as well as fader control, you have to assign the same "USB" midi ports to TotalMix that are used to connect  the MCU to your computer.

The MCU has USB connection = Midi in/out 1 connection to computer.
                                              Midi in/out 2 separate ports
                                              Midi in/out 3 separate ports
                                              Midi in/out 4 separate ports

I found you must make a physical connection from the MCU midi ports 2-3-or 4 to the Fireface 802.
But, in TotalMix in order to get feedback to the MCU from TotalMix, channel names, pan levels, ect., you must assign midi control in and out to MCU USB midi, the port that is connected to the computer, not the actual port physical connected to the Fireface.
If you assign midi in and out to the actual physical connection you can control channel sliders yes, but you will not get the MCU display, or use of the other control buttons available on the MCU for use inside of TotalMix.

Thank you,

Duff

If you connect the MCU via USB and the extender via the MIDI I/Os if the MCU, and set both units up the right way, then it will work. Your workaround indicates that they were not set up correctly.

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of your MIDI settings in TM FX, as well as confirmation that     'Submix linked to MIDI / OSC control' is activated for 1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME