Topic: Ucx stand alone mode problems

hi, I'm using a ucx in stand alone mode with a Keith Mcmillen 12step pedalboard. I use the pedalboard for the snapshots change and the expression pedal for controlling the master output. It works but, when i change the expr pdl cc for controlling  the analog input volume or for controlling an output...nothing happens!!!! The cc are ok 'cause if i connect the ucx to my mac it works exactly.... What's the problem????

Re: Ucx stand alone mode problems

Connected to the Mac it is TM FX doing this, not the hardware. In stand-alone mode only the commands mentioned in the manual chapter '28.6 Stand-Alone MIDI Control' will work. And I don't see any CC mentioned there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by simonenobili67 2016-03-05 11:44:30)

but in the manual is wrote that I can control all the faders of the first and third row... so I was sending cc106 on midi ch.1 to control the fader of input n.5 ... is there another way for doing this? ( I'm using the ucx with 3 different guitars like a digital mixer)
My pedalboard can send ev'ry type of message, can you help me ?
Thank you

Obviously you control first and third row via Mackie protocol...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Then it isn' t possible to send a mackie protocol message with the Keith Mcmillen 12step pedalboard?

I can't answer that. You have to ask someone who knows that board.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok, thank you !

simonenobili67 wrote:

Then it isn' t possible to send a mackie protocol message with the Keith Mcmillen 12step pedalboard?

Your board should be able to send PitchWheel commands instead of CC. As MC wrote CC are only supported in Totalmix and not in standalone mode. Again I recommend this pdf to translate Mackie commands to MIDI events. Don't forget: Mackie cannot address direct Faders as CC can do but only Banks of 8 Faders.