Topic: Hammerfall 9652 Card - Optical out (ADAT1) failure

Hi,
I have a Hammerfall 9652 card sending lightpipe I/O to 2x ADI-4 DDs converting to AES through 25pin Dsub cable to and from  AES/EBU cards in my console - Sony DMX R100.

Computer is Win 7 PC Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor 2.21 Ghz (64bit). Motherboard is a Tyan Thunder K8WE - S2895
    Card has latest driver update 4.14 and firmware 108

Problem: The lightpipe signal coming out of the ADAT1 connection on the HDSP card won't sync with either ADI-4.

I've eliminated other possibilities - all console cards working, both ADI-4s sync up with lightpipe out of ADAT2 and ADAT3 (on the expansion/WC  card) just fine and the lightpipe cables are good.

The Hammerfall DSP control panel on computer also indicates that all 3 ADAT connections are syncing *in* to the PC. Only the ADAT1 out connection is problematic.

I read in another RME Forum post that Mathias said sometimes the lightpipe connectors just fail.  I've also tried switching card slots for the main card. When I did that, I got the ADAT inputs to both ADI-4s to indicate sync from the 9652 card, but then the AES D-Sub outputs would not sync.  So I put the card back in its original slot - everything syncs up but the connection from ADAT1. Could this be more than a toslink connector failure? Age of the motherboard?

Thanks in advance

Re: Hammerfall 9652 Card - Optical out (ADAT1) failure

Is ADAT 1 Output set to send SPDIF?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Hammerfall 9652 Card - Optical out (ADAT1) failure

Nope. Been running for *years* as ADAT I/O without as much as a  hiccup. And I've changed nothing.