Topic: Multiface 1 (two units) Multi-Client ASIO not functioning correctly

Hi

I have two Multiface 1 units running beautifully, except for when I have another ASIO application open prior to my main DAW (Reaper).

If I open Reaper first, and then something else, I have no problem.

If I have anything opened that uses ASIO, and then I open Reaper, I get no playback or realtime audio coming through my system, even though Reaper is showing levels on the master output - it never gets to TotalMix FX. This happens even if I have each DAW set to different outputs, as suggested in the Multiface manual.

When I use my UFX, everything works perfectly, but I that's in my mobile rig, and plus I need the 16 hardware inputs that the two Multiface 1s give me.

Any thoughts?

Re: Multiface 1 (two units) Multi-Client ASIO not functioning correctly

RME driver should all be multi-client, but I am not 100% sure. You could maybe look that up in the manual.
On the other hand if it works for multi-client (applications) if you start Reaper 1st, then the drivers are multi-client.

If I remember right applications can open the ASIO driver for exclusive use.
Maybe you look for that in the application settings.
In a bad case of luck this is not configurable, then you need to stick to a certain order.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13