Topic: Totalmix FX 1.31 - Operational mode change -> snapshots issue

Hello, I just updated to TotalmixFX 1.31 for my UFX in USB  mode in windows 10.
I think that snapshots get partially corrupted during operational mode changes, I'll explain my experience.

Since I normally rely mainly on my DAW for channel mixing I tried the new operational mode feature implemented in 1.31.

I immediately noticed that Hardware inputs are visualized in DAW mode on the totalmix FX but there is no fader. Since I use the UFX only in my DAW activity, I rely on realtek chipset audio for windows system audio, and route it to the optical SPDIF in on my UFX. It's a really smart trick I learned on the net (probably in this forum, I don't remember). But in DAW mode it is impossible to route the SPDIF signal correctly because of the faders missing.

That's why I had to switch back to normal operational mode.

Once I switched back, I found that snapshots still had per-channel settings (pre gain, 48V...) but fader settings were lost from the snapshot preset, so that I had to turn up software playback faders for each master channel (main and phones) and the AES fader to route back DAW audio, and the system sounds through the SPDIF, to the main and store again each fader setting to the snapshots.

Re: Totalmix FX 1.31 - Operational mode change -> snapshots issue

Sorry, but...you left TM FX and entered a totally different mode. The warning screen says ' All your settings will be lost'. Can it be more clear?

On the way back you should have loaded your Workspace. No workspace means default routings...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME