Topic: MADIFace

Hi,

Is the eXpresscard which comes with the MADIFace the same as the already launched eXpresscard for Digiface/Multiface ?

-P

Re: MADIFace

The MADIface is a complete new and stand-alone product. The ExpressCard MADI - MADIface - is a different card and not compatible with the already existing ExpressCard. The MADIface box is only working with its special and bundled card. It?s not possible to connect the nice little external box with the MADI connections to HDSPE/HDSPe PCI Card or CardBus/ExpressCard, like the Multiface II/Digiface.

best regards
Knut

What is the maximum length for the MADIface firewire cable. Is 1m the maximum, or will the 3-4m one supplied with the DIGIface work also?

Admin Knut wrote:

The MADIface is a complete new and stand-alone product. The ExpressCard MADI - MADIface - is a different card and not compatible with the already existing ExpressCard. The MADIface box is only working with its special and bundled card. It?s not possible to connect the nice little external box with the MADI connections to HDSPE/HDSPe PCI Card or CardBus/ExpressCard, like the Multiface II/Digiface.

best regards
Knut

Thanks Knut ! Good to know.

-P

@lewis71980:
the maximum length is 1m. I don't remember who told me, but it was either a RME developer or the product manager who told me last week in Frankfurt at the Musikmesse.
Best regards,
Max

It the HDSPe ExpressCard MADI available?  I am very interested in this.

Broken Knee wrote:

It the HDSPe ExpressCard MADI available?  I am very interested in this.

The card is not available separately, only together with the external Madiface unit.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The HDSPe MADIface is scheduled for June and should be available shortly after. The list price is the same, as for the PCI Express version (HDSPe MADI).

best regards
Knut