Topic: Totalmix not recognising the UCX Device

Dear ALL.

Since I have download TotalMix for iPad, I never got it working. Seems like the app is not recognising the Device. The Fireface UCX is successfully in CC mode. I can use apps but when I launch TotalMix, nothing happen. In the right top corner it said : "Fireface UFX disconnected" Like I mentioned, I use the UCX. And in option/About/ it said : "Device : Fireface Demo, not connected" I just update to the new iPad app version 1.32 version to see if it would make a difference. No success. I also have the latest firmware for the UCX.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you.

Re: Totalmix not recognising the UCX Device

So switching on the UCX it shows 2.6 on the display?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi.

No. Actually it shows 2.2.

I taught I was up to date but look like I am not. I will look for the Fireface UCX firm update on the RME site.

Would you mind to direct me to the FireFace UCX firmware update ? Useful Link or something like that ?
I am not sure I am looking at the right place.

Thank you for your help.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fut_usb_mac.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fut_usb_win.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much.

Hi. I will need more assistance. Since I have the FireFace UCX, I always have used it with firewire cable. The Macbook pro see it and I never had issues. But now when I connect the unit with the USB, it does not shows on the macbook. Totalmix and setting window will not appear. The host light on the unit disappear though. However, it will show on the macbook when on CC mode. When not on CC, should the unit work either with USB or FireWire Cable ? Because now can't install the update. First I try to open the update file when connected via Firewire but would not open at all. So then I tried with USB, it would open and I could see the window of Current and New revision. It said ; Current USB 42 New USB 46, then current DSP, Firewire and Class-Compliant showed 0. Also it said ; Programming status : Not Updated. So I pressed update but nothing happened. I left it run a while but nothing. I went back on RME website to download it again, just in case, but no success. Should the current revision show number everywhere ? This is why I think the Unit connected with USB dose not communicate data.

I am a bit puzzled.

Your assistance will be welcome.

Thank you.

Easy to unpuzzle: install the latest Mac USB driver. Reboot and set the UCX to normal mode (not CC). Connect via USB. Then use the Flash Tool.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK. Everything is done, Updated and all seems to work fine.

I shall keep an eye on updates more often in the future.

Thank you for your help.