1 (edited by neomixer 2016-10-31 17:55:18)

Topic: Totalmix FX questions

Hello everyone,

I'm a new RME user, i'm very happy with the UFX+ so far. Amazing unit

1. I'm still fighting with TMFX .. i usually want to mute quickly and noticed that one click in the main encoder do nothing yet, can i program it to be the mute for TMFX ?

2. I have my main monitors and a mono set as speaker B. How can i configure it as a real mono ? and can i play both a the same time ?

3. can i mono phones 10 and 11/12?

Thanks

Re: Totalmix FX questions

Someone ? roll

to 1
You have your Monitors A set to lets say analog out 1/2.
Now Mute your Monitors in the Control Room section by clicking "M" besides the fader.
Now you can toggle all mutes to become active/inactive with the main button in the upper right.

to 2 you can play what you want
Easiest is to use the so called "submix mode".
When you click then to an output then you change all the input and playback channels for this only output.
This way you make your way through your outputs to get the mix that you want for this output.

to 3 .. if you assign output channels to Monitor a or b, then they become automatically stereo it appears to me.
Workaround would be to not assign them monitor B and instead of this change them to mono and make then your routing for the mono channels.

BTW there are nice training videos for Totalmix out there ...

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by neomixer 2016-11-01 20:43:01)

Thank you for the respense and the link.

I didn't quite understand the 1-
Well i know that i can mute in TMIX FX. what i want to do is program the main encoder in the UFX+ to mute the monitors when i click once. Is that possible?

Thanks for 2/3 !

You mean push once. No, that is not possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok ! thanks MC