Topic: Total Mix starting trouble on Mac

Hello Guys!
I´m new with RME.
I have an OCTAMIC XTC, a Fireface 802, and a Mac Book pro (16Gb, 2016).
For starting,  I´m testing the OCTAMIC with my Mac thru USB connection.
I´ve just installed the drivers (where it comes Total mix within).
When I launch Total Mix, the application starts but it does not show any window (faders and / or matrix). It seems it is not responding.
On the other hand, when launching (simultaneously) the Adobe Audition, it recognizes the Octamic and I can play a wav file thru Octamic headphones.
What do you suggest?
Thank you in advance.
Alejandro.

Re: Total Mix starting trouble on Mac

The OctaMic XTC has no support for TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ramses 2016-11-13 14:56:49)

I suggest to remote control the XTC via TotalMix FX (802) using MIDI.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for your fast answer.
Question 1:
To use the Total Mix controlling all inputs and outputs: As I have a Fireface 802, do you think I can success connectig this one thru USB to the Mac and link the OCTAMIC with the Fireface thru ADAT Toslink? 

Question 2:
If not, How should I connect the XTC via MIDI to my Mac? (considering the Fireface USB connected to it).

Question 3:
In the future will be the XTC controllable with Total mix?

Thank you in advance,
Alejandro.

5 (edited by ramses 2016-11-13 16:03:03)

to 1) yes, connect the XTC to the 802 using one or two ADAT TOSLINK cables.
If you want to route only the 8 Micro Pres @44.1/48 then you need only one TOSLINK cable.
If you want to route more than 8 channels or the Micro Pres @88.2/96 or even higher, then use two TOSLINK cables.
Keep in mind, that one ADAT port can only support 8 channels @44.1/48 kHz.
If you double or quadrupel the Sample frequency, then multiplexing of several 44.1/48 channels takes place, so that you will end up with only 4 ports @96 or 2 ports @192 over one ADAT cable.

to 2) connect MIDI cables between XTC and 802 (2) for remote controlling the XTC through TotalMix of the 802, which is connected to your Mac.

to 3) no, has been asked already in this forum

FYI .. XTC manual has been updated today to version 1.3 and contains the setup to remote control XTCs from UFX+ using Midi over Madi. Part of this information is useful for you how to do this by using 802 and Midi.

FYI 2 .. there is an application available called Midi Remote, which makes it possible to remote control an XTC fully from a Windows PC or Mac. Advantage, you can perform complete configuration using this application. But it can not run in parallel with the Remote Control via TotalMix FX. I think remote control via TotalMix (to configure/use the XTC as so called "Aux Device") has more advantages for you, as then you can save Gain and other parameters together with TotalMix Snapshots and Workspaces.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13