Topic: TotalMix FX 1.40 rc1 now available

After rolling out TotalMix FX 1.35 via several driver updates, we are continuing with TotalMix FX 1.40. Release Candidate 1 is now available for download. There is no installer, just copy the app/program over the existing one.

News and fixes:

- Improved operation and robustness of the MIDI I/O functionality (rermote), including device removal and sleep/wake scenarios.

- Fixed an issue with Mute groups and Speaker B mutes on Mains/Speaker B.

- The name of the currently loaded Workspace and Snapshot file, and also the currently loaded Quick Workspace, are shown in the title bar.

- Changed some menu entries to better match their meaning/function.

- Added full support for multi-interface operation of the upcoming ARC USB.

- Several smaller fixes and improvements for smooth operation.

Update 1.40b2

- Mac: Quick Workspace is now shown in the title bar with the user defined name

- Crash on opening a Quick Workspace fixed

- Aux Devices on UFX+ now covers all 8 MADI 8-channel groups

Update 1.40b3

- Mac: Zoom was not handled correctly with Workspaces.

- Mac: Recent files list was not handled correctly.

- Gain settings text  fixed

- DAW mode dialog: replaced Abbrechen with Cancel.

- Fix: when deactivating the Aux Device remote control with an XTC and the Tools panel is open, Gain was reset to 0.

Update 1.40b4

- Fixed a bug with scrambled text in routing menus when using Trim and selecting a different submix

- Fixed the 'FX Send' text in various dialogs

Update 1.40 b5

- Changing the main outs via OSC remote was not communicated to the remote when 'Submix linked to MIDI control' was off.

- Global Mute display issue: on UFX+ only mutes on the output channels caused a brighter state

- Global Mute display issue: wrong color scheme at 135% zoom

- Connecting a unit TM FX windows now return to their former zoom  state

Update RC1:

- Small performance improvements, finalizing release state

Downloads:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … c1_win.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … c1_mac.zip

We appreciate any kind of feedback!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

2 (edited by ramses 2016-11-16 08:25:51)

Re: TotalMix FX 1.40 rc1 now available

Starts up fine, but crashes when loading my workspace with "workspace quick select".

HW : see signature
OS  : Win7 SP1 Ultimate
RME: UFX+ via USB3 and RayDAT

Do you need any files from my setup for troubleshooting ?

BTW I looked already in: Documents -> RME -> TotalMix:
xxx.tmws
xxx.tmss
But there I didn't find the name in those which I use for the slot in "Workspace Quick Select" menue.
Are there other locations to check ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for this, grabbing it now!  REALLY glad to see you guys are finally implementing the workspace etc naming in the title bar!  This was a long standing request and should really help at a quick glance, to let the user know exactly what is currently loaded and in use!

Works Great:
The mute function is fixed and works great thank you.
The workspace switches beautifully now with the Option plus number keys (Before It was kind of flaky for for me).
The interface looks and feels great.

Concerns:
The workspace name doesn't show the name, it shows the full file path.
http://i68.tinypic.com/6qb9c4.png

Hooray for ARC-USB coming our way!!!!

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Nomad76 wrote:

Concerns: The workspace name doesn't show the name, it shows the full file path.

That is a known issue of the Mac version, fixed in upcoming beta 2. Correct description of the issue: it does not show the user defined name of the Quick Workspace. Otherwise it works correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, it works correctly, and very well!

2 Thumbs up! I just finished reconfiguring my total mix work flow.

I have my NI Maschine Configured to Control both my Total Mix and my Daw, and I also use the Total Mix Lemur Template on my iPad as a remote control. Everything works together great. I'm very happy with the functioning and quality of my UFX + Totalmix FX. Once again, RME Rocks.

TotalMix FX Operation Mode Select dialogue has "Abbrechen" on cancel button on english language here.

Madiface XT, Madiface, 3x Micstasy, ADI8QS
Sequoia 17, W10 x64
https://bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

Update 1.40b2

- Crash on opening a Quick Workspace fixed

- Aux Devices on UFX+ now covers all 8 MADI 8-channel groups

Links in first post.

Keep it coming!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Totalmix works now much more reliable with Avid Artist controller over Midi.
Before it often stopped working.

Georg

ramses wrote:

Starts up fine, but crashes when loading my workspace with "workspace quick select".

HW : see signature
OS  : Win7 SP1 Ultimate
RME: UFX+ via USB3 and RayDAT

Do you need any files from my setup for troubleshooting ?

BTW I looked already in: Documents -> RME -> TotalMix:
xxx.tmws
xxx.tmss
But there I didn't find the name in those which I use for the slot in "Workspace Quick Select" menue.
Are there other locations to check ?

I can confirm that it works now with b2, many thanks for the fix wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

MC wrote:

Update 1.40b2

Confirmed as working great!

MC schrieb:

Update 1.40b2

- Mac: Quick Workspace is now shown in the title bar with the user defined name!

Windows 10 x64 TM 1.40b2 displays the entire filepath to the Workspace file or Snapshot file.
Windows 10 x54 TM 1.40b2 Operation Mode shows "Abbrechen" as noted by Potscrubber

Quick Workspace! Obviously with a normally loaded Workspace file showing the path can help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Quick Workspace! Obviously with a normally loaded Workspace file showing the path can help.

Oh understand now.   Still it would be nice if the filepath to the Worspace file wasn't displayed.   Maybe just show the entire "workspacename.tmwss" absent the filepath ?

You can easily load same named workspcaes (for example different revisions) from different filepaths. The filepath is shorted when too long so not in your way. We will not change that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

While we're at it - I've found another inconsistency when using the latest TMFX with a UFX+

When double clicking the knob next to input gain the resulting window asks for "Input Gain max. L/R":
https://picload.org/image/rdwprwaw/l-r.jpg

But a double click on the actual value (as shown in the next screenshot) leads to "Input Gain Left"
https://picload.org/image/rdwprwai/left.jpg

Note that this happens on a stereo channel. For mono channels it just asks for "Input Gain" on both channels of a pair.

There's also a difference when double clicking the knob vs. the value on "Stereo Width" and "FX Send"...

Controlling an Octamic XTC with Totalmix "Aux Devices" control. Enabling it in Totalmix overwrites all previous settings in Octamic.

Georg

Update 1.40b3

- Mac: Zoom was not handled correctly with Workspaces.

- Mac: Recent files list was not handled correctly.

- Gain settings text  fixed

- DAW mode dialog: replaced Abbrechen with Cancel.

- Fix: when deactivating the Aux Device remote control with an XTC and the Tools panel is open (the gain knobs are visible), Gain was reset to 0 on re-enabling the remote function.

Links in first post!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

georgob wrote:

Controlling an Octamic XTC with Totalmix "Aux Devices" control. Enabling it in Totalmix overwrites all previous settings in Octamic.

Georg

That is how this MIDI remote works - ever since. Sorry, but this will not be changed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
georgob wrote:

Georg

That is how this MIDI remote works - ever since. Sorry, but this will not be changed.

- Fix: when deactivating the Aux Device remote control with an XTC and the Tools panel is open (the gain knobs are visible), Gain was reset to 0 on re-enabling the remote function.

You just fixed it - thank you. As long as Totalmix remembers its last state, this is ok.

Georg

Good to hear that this fix helps you too!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Using TotalMix FX 1.40 b3, the following error occurs:

When starting TotalMix after a boot, the blue indicator left to the current snapshot is being blinking. This indicates that some settings (in TotalMix or at the hardware) have been changed since the last storage of the snapshot or the workspace. However, this is not the case!

# Fireface UC (firmware 123, driver 1.097, TMFX 1.40 b3)
# Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

This error has been reported earlier in another thread: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=20680
However, to no avail.

With my other RME hardware

# Babyface (firmware 223, driver 1.097, TMFX 1.40 b3)
# Babyface Pro (firmware 101, driver 1.097, TMFX 1.40 b3)

this error does NOT occur.

Using my MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.1) and Driver 2.19 (2) with TMFX 1.40 b3, this error also does NOT appear. Out of the 6 possible combinations, the error manifests only with the Fireface UC and Windows 7.

Update 1.40b4

- Fixed a bug with scrambled text in routing menus when using Trim and selecting a different submix

- Fixed the 'FX Send' text in various dialogs

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Chardonnay wrote:

Using TotalMix FX 1.40 b3, the following error occurs:

When starting TotalMix after a boot, the blue indicator left to the current snapshot is being blinking. This indicates that some settings (in TotalMix or at the hardware) have been changed since the last storage of the snapshot or the workspace. However, this is not the case!.

We cannot reproduce this effect. Might be caused by your current workspace/snapshot. You could try a fresh one, but we would also appreciate if you send us a workspace that allows to reproduce this error.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Update 1.40 b5

- Changing the main outs via OSC remote was not communicated to the remote when 'Submix linked to MIDI control' was off.

- Global Mute display issue: on UFX+ only mutes on the output channels caused a brighter state

- Global Mute display issue: wrong color scheme at 135% zoom

- Connecting a unit TM FX windows now return to their former zoom  state

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We cannot reproduce this effect. Might be caused by your current workspace/snapshot. You could try a fresh one, but we would also appreciate if you send us a workspace that allows to reproduce this error.

Thank you for your reply. Please note that
* my Fireface UC is at firmware 123 (I couldn't update to 135, so I guess that my UC is one of the older models)
* the bug has also been confirmed by user NEIRBOD (see post #4 in the above mentioned thread)

I would like to send you the current workspace/snapshot but I just don't know how to attach files when sending you a mail via the forum.

Release candidate 1 is now available for download, see first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

do you think you could look at the bug when playing back files off USB stick.. there is a very large click sound that happens when wavs do not stop at zero crossing point.. It's also hit and miss when you edit the file to make it finish at zero, sometimes it works and other times you need to leave long gaps of silence before the file ends to prevent the click happening..  you can sit there with one file for many minutes trying different edits to get it to stop the click because it seems to be inconsistent the way it reacts.. the process is very annoying.

this becomes a large problem when you want to copy 30 files to a USB for playback at a gig through a loud PA.  you have to manually sit there and edit the end of every one individually otherwise you have this extremely loud click sound through the PA system. it would be nice to able to copy music to a USB stick without paying any attention to the end of the files..

Apart from this issue not being related to TotalMix FX at all, I thought this problem has been fixed by a firmware update already. I will check.

Update: The error has been found during the development of the UFX+. A firmware update fixing this in the UFX will come, but I can't give you a date. It most probably will need until January due to all the holidays in between.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

no worries.. look forward to the fix..

Looks like Christmas is more early this year...

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … 63_win.zip
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … 63_mac.zip

V 357/163/344/CC28: Improved DURec playback (clicks on file end, correct start of playback). Performance optimized at 192 kHz (DURec playback and reverb).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hey MC.. thanks for the update, I will test tonight and let you know.. cheers

seems like the clicks at the end of files have gone now.. Ive tried 3 stereo files and one 9 track multichannel file and no sign of any problems.. thanks for the update.