Topic: XTC remote over MIDI

I was remote controlling XTCs from TotalMix FX over MIDI to MADI.
The gain was set via TotalMix FX and I used AutoSet also.
I noticed that AutoSet worked in XTC as it supposed to but it seems that XTC didn't report the changed gain to TotalMix FX.

Since the preamps were quite far away I didn't have a chance during the sessions test does the gain in TM FX change if I change it in XTC.

It was a bit confusing at first when TM FX showed the correct gains but it sounded like singer had pulled away from the mic really far.
My workaround for the session was to move gain knobs in TM FX back and forth (+1 dB and -1dB) and it brought the gain back to value that I had originally set.

Is there a way to see in decibels in TM FX if AutoSet has dropped gain?

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Re: XTC remote over MIDI

Please try the latest 1.35 or even the new 1.40 b1 from the forum. This should be fixed already.

Otherwise you have to check your setup. Changing the gain on the XTC must be reflected in realtime in TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have TM FX 1.35 installed and driver is 1.097, hardware revision 357.
XTCs are also updated with the latest firmware.

I'm not sure if my setup is correct.

I'll hook the system up again and look more closely what happens on either end.

Sonicimage studio
W10 Pro 64bit

It tested my setup again and it seems that I had misconfigured it.

Is it possible to remote control XTC and use MADI to bring MIDI to the PC at the same time?

Sonicimage studio
W10 Pro 64bit

Unfortunataley not. You had to set MIDI ov. MADI to Control, so the MIDI DIN input is inactive. The other way would be possible, as MIDI DIN Out has an independent setting.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, thanks.
Soundcheck with remote first and then sessions with MIDI ov. MADI to DIN in then.

Sonicimage studio
W10 Pro 64bit