Topic: Patcher view...

Hi,
The UFX is AWESOME, but the TM patcher system takes some serious brain power.  I've been doing this stuff a pretty long time, but for some reason this thing is confounding.  I think it's the labeling-- what do the "out 1", out 2, out 3, etc. labels at the top represent?  It seems the other labels have it covered, and I'm confused by those extra ones.

Also, is the track record order of the recorder static?  Can I make the analog channels the last 8 tracks instead of the first?

Thanks.

Re: Patcher view...

y-axis = HW inputs + SW Playbacks
x-axis = HW outputs

x-axis - labels bottom row =    spoken names: Main, AN 3/4, ...
x-axis - labels top       row = simply numbered: Out 1, Out 2, Out 3, Out 4 **)

*) you see those channels, which you made visible in TM (Options -> Channel Layout)
**) simply the numerical order of channels, starting with analog (AN, Mic) then digital (AES, ADAT, MADI)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Patcher view...

Hmm...ok, thanks.  So the X labels at the top (out1, out1, etc.) really don't mean anything, in terms of functionality?

I've also been looking at the block diagram, in a (live) recording situation:
I get that the input comes in the hardware & is routed directly to the USB recorder (pre-Total Mix).

When using other software (like Pro Tools), where exactly does its I/O figure in here?  I'm setting all Pro Tools tracks to input & output from discrete RME channels- in other words, I'm not mixing in TotalMix (but I am routing, I guess).  It looks like after the RME recorder, but it passes-though automatically?  And when outputting from Pro Tools does the signal just come back right at the hardware output (after Total Mix)?

Hope this makes some sense- Not sure why the RME way of explaining this is eluding me!