1 (edited by ramses 2016-12-16 18:39:40)

Topic: Solved TM1.40b4 - Layout Preset does not restore properly channel view

I observed a strange behaviour with Layout Presets and want to ask whether this could be a bug.
I have an UFX+ and 2 XTC which are remote controlled as AUX device.

I wanted to add 2 more Layout Presets to TM: one for "Mics" and one for analog lines "Lines".

As far as I remember I did not store my channel Layout into a Layout Preset yet.
So I stored the current Layout to "Layout 2" under the name "compact".

Now I added 2 more Layouts for "Mics" and for analog line inputs "Lines".

Before updating "workspace" and "workspace quick select" I wanted to restore the Layout Preset
"compact" which is the one I use the most.

After restoring Layout preset 2 "compact" by clicking to the Button 2 of Layout presets
the "compact" view did not look like before.
Channels which I made "small" (because I rarely use them) have now the default width.

And if I save now workspace and workspace quick select I fear that I overwrite my settings
and will store a Layout which is not the one which I want.

On the other hand if I go back by restoring my workspace with workspace quick select,
then my added Layout Presets are gone.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Solved TM1.40b4 - Layout Preset does not restore properly channel view

Channel Layout does not address the channel width! That is part of the Workspace/Snapshot.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Do I loose my workspace settings if I define now new channel layouts ?

Correct me should I be wrong, but if I want to work with the new channel layouts
then I need to store them together with my workspace.

And then I overwrite the layout of my snapshots and workspaces.

So from that I deduce it would be better next time, to start defining Layout Presets 1st before working on different snapshops and defining workspaces ? Or do I overlook something ?

Sorry I have not dived into this very deep yet and am always saving Snapshots, Workspaces and Workspace Quick select in that order whenever I update something.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I understood now how to use it. Simply activate the wanted snapshot, activate "compact" layout again
and then store the workspace with the selected snapshot.

Somehow I overlooked this way when 1st trying.