Topic: How to enable software playback faders for MIDI control

Hi forum,

I fear my first post is going to be embarrasingly newbish, but I've been right stuck for over an hour on something I think should be simple.

I just bought a Babyface Pro, upgrading from the original Babyface.  None of my TotalMix config was ported over, so I'm now confronted with the task of setting that up from scratch.  I wasn't too fussed -- I thought I knew what I was doing. smile

I have TotalMix setup for MIDI control, and I use Bome MIDI Translator for various customized behaviour.  It's been working great on the original Babyface.  My TMFX workspace on the original Babyface had the software playback fader group enabled for MIDI, whereas now, having setup things on the Babyface Pro, the hardware input group is enabled for MIDI control instead.

I can't for the life of me sort out how to change MIDI control from the hardware inputs faders to the software playback faders.

The manual says: "The  channels  being  under  Mackie  MIDI  control  are  indicated  by  a  colour  change  of  the  name 
field, black turns to brown.  The 8-fader block can be moved horizontally and vertically, in steps of one or eight channels."  This is exactly what I want, but the manual doesn't say how, only that it can be done.

I'd be terribly grateful for a cluebatting.

Thanks!

Re: How to enable software playback faders for MIDI control

For future Internet travelers:

My control surface (iCON Platform-M) has channel left/right and bank left/right buttons but these had no effect on TotalMix FX when the control surface was set in Mackie mode.

I eventually worked out these MIDI events did what I need:

Ch 1 note 96 (C7) OR note 41 (F2) off - enable previous 8 channels for MIDI control
Ch 1 note 97 (C#7) OR note 40 (E2) off - enable next 8 channels for MIDI control

(Note off being a MIDI note on event with a velocity of 0.)