Topic: What comes included when purchasing an ADI-2 Pro?

Hello,

I was wondering when purchasing the ADI-2 Pro, what comes included with the ADI-2 Pro?

In other words, I've heard people mention that RME doesn't include a USB cable or digital breakout cable (RME BO968) with the ADI-2 Pro, and that instead, those things must be purchased separately.

Is that, correct?

If so, what exactly comes included with the ADI-2 Pro?

Thank you,
Nelson

Re: What comes included when purchasing an ADI-2 Pro?

You get whats documented in the handbook on page 5, package contents.

• Manual
• External switched power supply, lockable connector, DC 12 V 24 W
• Power cord
• Digital breakout cable AES/SPDIF (BO968)
• Quick start guide

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

You get whats documented in the handbook on page 5, package contents.

• Manual
• External switched power supply, lockable connector, DC 12 V 24 W
• Power cord
• Digital breakout cable AES/SPDIF (BO968)
• Quick start guide

Hello Ramses,

Are you absolutely certain that the ADI-2 Pro comes with a digital breakout cable (as it does not come with a USB cable)?

Thank you,
Nelson

Please stop this. Nobody ever claimed that he received a unit without breakout cable. You quote unproofed hearsay and speculation. This doesn't lead anywhere.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by nelson_a 2017-01-20 21:39:44)

MC wrote:

Please stop this. Nobody ever claimed that he received a unit without breakout cable. You quote unproofed hearsay and speculation. This doesn't lead anywhere.

Hello MC,

My sincere apologies.

I seriously didn't know whether the ADI-2 Pro came with a breakout cable or not (as I was actually going to purchase a (BO968) breakout cable myself, alongside my order for the ADI-2 Pro).

On the website for the ADI-2 Pro:

https://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/adi_2-pro.php

...we notice at the bottom the following list of accessories for the ADI-2 Pro:

Accessories
Artikelnummer     Beschreibung
NT-RME-2 (lockable)     Power supply for ADI-2 Pro. Robust and light-weight switching power supply, 100 V-240 V AC,
12 V 2 A DC. Lockable DC connector.
BO968     Digital breakout cable (9-pin D-sub to 2 x XLR and 2 x RCA)
RM-19-X     19" Rack Adapter, mounted on the sides of the ADI-2 Pro
Unirack     Universal rackmount adapter (tub for two 9.5" devices)
AUTOK     Cable for connection to car lighter socket
AKKUK     Cable for battery operation (6.3 mm flat connectors)

I assumed that the ADI-2 Pro did not come with the breakout cable (BO968) as it was listed as an accessory.

In other words, the ADI-2 Pro does not come with the AKKUK, AUTOK, RM-19-X, so I assumed that the BO968 was also extra.

To avoid further confusion in the future, I recommend you include a small portion above the accessory listing for the ADI-2 Pro, listing what actually comes with the ADI-2 Pro (as most people expect an interface of that caliber to at least come with a USB cable - I understand your reasoning for not including it, but if they don't know, it will catch a lot of them off guard).

Thanks,
Nelson

or rtfm wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13