1 (edited by jackyloup 2017-01-29 21:12:17)

Topic: digi cards and windows 7 starter (32 bit)

Anybody has any experience with windows 7 starter and DIGI96XX drivers? I want to keep my recording rig as simple and lean as possible. I have an old cubase and need to send a downmix, a bit of a compression and relay back to the vocalist at the lowest RTL possible I use saffire 24pro for i/o and i have couple of old digi cards available that have no extension-daughter cards. I am windows-illiterate but ill figure out. I hate firewire with all of my passion.

many thanks for your input, Jackie.

Re: digi cards and windows 7 starter (32 bit)

The old DIGI cards will work with ASIO driver only (no WDM support) as long as the OS is 32-bit version.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by jackyloup 2017-01-31 01:13:02)

Re: digi cards and windows 7 starter (32 bit)

I just installed my first card (HD9652) on windows x64 and I can't believe how painless it was. I now have to sync two PreSonus 2626 units with Xmax prez and map two cascaded BCF2000 for input control. I have a Yamaha 01V96 on outs and I guess I am good to go.

I browsed trough the old stuff about ASIO drivers. I am not sure what is downside of ASIO drivers. All I care is 2-3 channels of clean, zero latency input recorded at 96 without any bits lost crackling or any other nonsense. I use the latest reaper with native instruments essentials

Many thanks Jeff.

Ill work on digi9632 tomorrow.