Topic: 48V sometimes doesn't get activated

This is a weird bug that I came across. Today my MIC input (directly connected to RME pre-amp, AN1) was very low - I checked the usual suspects - phantom power, proper send level, cubase monitoring, all good. Still at the input stage it was showing VERY low (almost like no phantom power).

Then I turned off the phantom power (48V on AN1) and turned it back on and BOOM - mic came to life. All back to normal.

THis is on a channel that I never take the phantom power off because its connected to a condensor MIC. Totalmix fx v1.22. Babyface v1 -> 9652. Win 7x64.

Re: 48V sometimes doesn't get activated

The lowest LED on Babyface (orange) signals whether Phantom Power is on or off.
Was the LED active or inactive when it didn't work ?

Try this setting in TM FX Preferences to ensure, that the recording interface becomes initialized by TM FX on startup:
(X)  Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

TotalMix FX 1.22 might have had this kind of bug. We are on 1.40 now...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Quick question on phantom power........I couldn't find how to turn it off using the standalone UFX? Can phantom power only be turned on and off from TM?

5 (edited by ramses 2017-02-09 09:27:45)

Maybe this is one of the little advances for stand-alone operation for UFX+ (and surely also UFX II)
which has been mentioned by RME a while ago, I think it was on forum.

I checked UFX+, you can enable and disable phantom power on the device in the Chan/Mix menue.

Have no UFX anymore to cross check.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13