1 (edited by Danny_DJ 2017-03-09 12:24:08)

Topic: Opening Totalmix FX App without restoring Main Volume?

Hey guys, I have a Babyface Pro and have 2 qustions:

1. I mostly don't use TM but when I open it, I am always annoyed by volume jumps. So can we have an optional setting where TM reads the current standalone hardware output volume setting and transfers this to the master fader in the app? I am not asking about the already existing snapshot-persistent main volume – this only works when TM is already open and we switch snapshots within TM.

2nd question: is there any option to enable the BFP to be dimmed and recalled without having TM to be open (standalone dim)? This means that everytime the settings are set in TM, they have to be quickly written to the BFP.

Cheers
Danny

Re: Opening Totalmix FX App without restoring Main Volume?

Opening TM does not usually change any volume settings. Please be more specific about the setup here.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Danny_DJ 2017-03-10 17:17:54)

I object that. Indeed it always loads the control room volume that was set before closing the app when reopening it. I recorded a proof of the behavior here: https://youtu.be/UqIBWOmOTk0

The preferences are set to "don't load volume on snapshot loading".

What do you need to know about my setup?
I am on TM 1.35 on Mac OS 10.9.5 with a Babyface Pro.

Any updates on your investigation?

There is small misunderstanding here. Opening TotalMix FX as meant by Daniel means clicking on the symbol in the notification area. You talk about a complete shutdown (exit) and restart of TotalMix. It has not been designed to be used that way during normal, continued operation. I will check if this functionality can be added.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It is not possible to read back the current volume (or any other setting) from the Babyface Pro. Therefore TotalMix FX has to write its current state into the unit on every start to avoid asynchron settings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the investigation. Maybe an implementation of such feature in the next generation would be an idea.