1 (edited by patrick alphenaar 2017-03-14 07:26:41)

Topic: Totalmix one fader for all outputs

Hi All,

So sorry for this silly question, but could not find the solution online anywere!

I am using a RME Fireface UCX.

In Totalmix i use Hardware outputs:
AN 1/2 for my KRK (only low Freq with EQ)
AN 3/4 (for my Vsoundbox to create energy in my room)
and SPDIF for My PMC Main monitors,

All using together to become a Flat and energized system with Natural Gain.

Q: Is there a Way to use One fader to reduce the Volume for all Hardware outputs? for example at the "software
     output" Section? or Main? it doesn't matter as long as i have one fader in Totalmix to reduce the volume for
     all outputs at once.

I can Mute "all" at "Software Playback" with the An 1/2 (which is the only channel were there is signal)
But the Fader itself doesnt reduce the Volume at all.

I really need it because my system is set to natural but high gain level matching, and with full volume its really loud.
I mix and master in Cubase so need to keep the master fader set at 0DB, to make sure having
solid gain stages. And also for music playback and websites its annoying to look for any faders to reduce the Volume
as its too loud at max output in most cases.

Hope somebody Could help me with This,

Thanks and Best Regards,
Patrick Alphenaar.

Re: Totalmix one fader for all outputs

I don't think there is a way to group gains, but you can create a group for output faders.
I used to control my surround set with UC & TotalMix FX.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Jayzteroid wrote:

I don't think there is a way to group gains, but you can create a group for output faders.
I used to control my surround set with UC & TotalMix FX.

Hi There, sorry to make you confused, as i meant to reduce the volume only, with One fader somehow. I typed it wrong in the topic, now just updated it. The gain is all set and according my likings only too loud if you playback music at any player with max volume. That means i need to search some playback fader at the websites or whatever to reduce the Volume first. Most important is Cubase to be set at 0db at masterfader for proper monitoring and gain stages, so need to be able to reduce Volume after Cubase and before hardware playback with Totalmix.

Thanks again for your fast reply,

Best Regards,
Patrick.

I am not sure I get it but, if you make your wdm device an unused software output (second row in TMFX), for example adat 15 and 16 you can just use that fader to control playback level of non asio playback.
Here I have cubase asio and asio headphones on adat 1-8 (1 stereo out 3 phones) And my windows audio on spdif.
Then I route them all to where ever they are needed. Adat 1-2 and spdif to adat 1-2, phones1 to adat 9-10 phones 3 to 17-18 etc etc

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

I am not sure I get it but, if you make your wdm device an unused software output (second row in TMFX), for example adat 15 and 16 you can just use that fader to control playback level of non asio playback.
Here I have cubase asio and asio headphones on adat 1-8 (1 stereo out 3 phones) And my windows audio on spdif.
Then I route them all to where ever they are needed. Adat 1-2 and spdif to adat 1-2, phones1 to adat 9-10 phones 3 to 17-18 etc etc

Hi Vinark,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes i need to find out how to route it all, but to me its not that easy with Totalmix somehow. Give me hardware with thousand of wires and mostly still got it.
But again with Totalmix i cant figure it out somehow.

I will try as you suggested to see if i can route all to Adat to control all the output with just one fader. As has not tried anything with Adat.

My set-up is very simple as i only use one output on cubase, which is routed via asio4all to my Dirac software (room correction software) which is routing to Fireface usb. And Dirac is my default sound device at windows system but it doesnt have a fader otherwise i didnt need Totalmix to do that. Windows faders also doesn't do the job.

Once again many thanks for your support and effort.

Best regards,

Patrick.

Create a fader group in TotalMix FX.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Create a fader group in TotalMix FX.

Thanks a lot!! It solved the problem!

Now i can reduce all output sounds with One Fader.

Next challenge to control that fader with Impulse midi keyboard and Automap.

Once again Thanks A lot.

Best Regards,
Patrick.