Topic: ADI-2 With Babyface

Hello, and thanks for your time and expertise...

Am I on the right track by buying an ADI-2 as an addition to my Babyface to give me the option of another two inputs for external preamps? That is the goal, to be able to record four tracks simultaneously by utilizing the analog inputs of the ADI-2 in conjunction with the two that I currently use from the Babyface...or do I have this idea all wrong? If it will work, what will be the best way to hook it up all together and get the most out of this new AD/DA situation?

2 (edited by ramses 2017-04-27 17:41:20)

Re: ADI-2 With Babyface

kivajiva wrote:

Hello, and thanks for your time and expertise...

Am I on the right track by buying an ADI-2 as an addition to my Babyface to give me the option of another two inputs for external preamps? That is the goal, to be able to record four tracks simultaneously by utilizing the analog inputs of the ADI-2 in conjunction with the two that I currently use from the Babyface...or do I have this idea all wrong? If it will work, what will be the best way to hook it up all together and get the most out of this new AD/DA situation?

ADI-2 Pro supports (only) 2 channels via ADAT.
Analog In through Digital Out should be possible.

But why don't you get a Preamp like the Octamic XTC and connect it via ADAT ? Offers you 8 channels. Either Mic or Line/Instr and on top format conversion capabilities and direct connection to Windows and IPAD. Plus 4 analog outs usually used for 2 Phones. Plus 4 AES, etc

All for only around 400 more.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13