Topic: can't assign the correct out/routing

hi , sorry for my bad english , it's very very hard for me to read manuals and so on because english is not my mother tongue .

I own a fireface 802 , in total mix , I have a sm 58 put inside the third xlr hardware in, on the front of the ff802 (called IN 11).

this line goes out to the phones 2 and I can't change that ( I would like it to go to the main out), anyone has an idea to fix that ?

I have two other microphones in the IN 9 and 10 , and they do go to the main out without ma to do anything ( and that's what I want).

I have the latest drivers and firmware of course .

Re: can't assign the correct out/routing

Whats your main language? I can offer German as well and will send you 2 links for information. Internet is very slow today.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … teps-DE-E/

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

The easiest solution is to Reset TM FX and to select predefined setting for all to main out.
Its described more in detail i my primer for TM FX, 1st URL.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

thank you for answering .

unfortunately I'm french .

I tried each reset I found on total mix but it doesn't change anything .

... it's been such a long time since I've been practising daw systems,honestly I'm totally lost !

am I mistaken or rme dooes't not furnit direct assistance ?

5 (edited by ramses 2017-04-25 16:38:49)

All that you need to know is described in my TM FX primer. Use google translation services to translate from english to french. From my experience you usually get better results when translating from or to English.

1. Set TM to "Submix Mode".
2. Use "Assign" button in control room section:
assign "Analog Out 1/2" to "Main out".
3. Select "Main Out" Fader in control room by clicking with Mouse to this channel.
Now set the faders of all Inputs and Playback channels as you want. By this you create a Submix for your Main Out channel in the control room.

This way in submix mode you can control submixes for all ourput channels no matter whether they are in the control room or not.

Signals of input channels are always sent directly to DAW inputs unchanged. Mutes and Faders have only effect in Totalmix for the Outputs.

In TM there is in a submenue a function not only to reset the mixer but to do exactly what you want: to send all inputs and software playback channels (Output from Windows Applications) to Main Output. With this you would solve your issue with only one Mouseclick.

TM is not that hard, its very structured. Once you learn about the basics you will be amazed and very satisfied.

Maybe the Totalmix Training Videos could be translated into French and maybe also Spanish as by this you would reach a lot of people worldwide ..

Maybe a friend of yours can translate my Totalmix Primer for you into french ....

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by understand 2017-04-25 16:47:53)

hi, thank you for your help .

in fact I clicked on file-new total mix window , now i got sound in my speakers by the main out ,and mostly in my DAW too ( and in the phones out, it's unchanged I don't know why) .I 'm not sure to understand why it works but I will accept that topic .

now I'am afraid to do what you told me for fears it breaks all up !

to be honest I understand what you say until the 3-, then I'm lost .

perhaps I should just stop touching computers in any ways .

I sincerely thank you for your kind help !

Dont be frightened.

For quick setting changes you can store settings in Snapshot Slots 1 .. 8.

To save everything (routing and window positions) simply store your settings into
- snapshot and
- workspace
You find this in TM under "File->..."

You only asked for routing of your Main Monitors...

For Phones its nearly the same procedure.
Assign "Phones1" to the analog outputs which represent your phones output channels.

After that you have "Main Out" and "Phones1" in the control room of TM.

Save current routing to Main Out to the Snapshot Slot1 on the right side of Totalmix and maybe rename that to Speakers.

Now Mute the Main Out in TM Control Room.
Click to Phones1 channel.
Create a submix for phones1 by raising the faders of all input and playback channels as you like. Rest can be muted if you want.

This routing for phones you can save as snapshot2 on the right side of TM.

Now you can easily switch between listening on Main Out and Phones1.

Dont forget to save all settings under "File->..."
Snaphot and workplace settings.

Dont give up wink Its worth it ...

"don't give up it's worth it" , it's exactly what I'm wondering about , I've a mesa boogie preamp out of order and it's a nightmare to get it fixed properly ! (french mesa repairmen really suck , they made things even worse than before ).

well anyway  I'll throw an eye on your advice when my mind is clearer , to be honnest I'm totally bored for today.
be sure I thank you for explanations , and I hope it's usefull if anyone has the same problems than me he will know what to do by reading the topic .

9 (edited by ramses 2017-04-25 20:09:57)

I wished I could write you this all in french, but my 6 month of French in school are not sufficient.

All that I can tell you is that RME products are superior, really very round packages.

Take your time, some days are bad to solve issues and language barriers surely make it worse.

As I suggested, ask a friend who is good in english. Its not much work to translate my little blog article about basic operation of Totalmix. This would give you a good start for all of your future demands.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … teps-DE-E/

I will try to get perhaps somebody for a french translation, but this needs time and I am currently on a trip ...

in fact I studied german at school for years, but I confess that there are very few things lasting.

but never mind the language , be sure you have helped me anyway , it's always good to get infos from people who know more.

and you're right , some days aare better than others to fix problems,indeed .

understand wrote:

in fact I studied german at school for years, but I confess that there are very few things lasting.

but never mind the language , be sure you have helped me anyway , it's always good to get infos from people who know more.

and you're right , some days aare better than others to fix problems,indeed .

I asked in this forum whether somebody can help with translation of my primer to french ...

Lets see what happens ;-)

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 26#p120726

so kind of you!!