Topic: UCX with Win10 Creators Update 1703

Dear friends,

Since my Win10 has been updated to the Creators Update 1703 (15063.250), Cubase and standalone VSTis don't recognize UCX ASIO USB driver, it is possible to use DirectSound or Windows Audio. Are there any suggestions on how can I solve this terrifying problem?

Re: UCX with Win10 Creators Update 1703

Downgrade wink (-> Macrium Reflect).
Maybe in the future use a parallel installation of Windows to make such "experiments" and pre-test.
Its not the 1st time that things do not run properly after OS vendors upgrading their products.

Questions:
1. Do you see your recording interface in the Windows Device Manager ?
2. Which device drivers do you see in Cubase Device Manager in the pull down menue ?
3. Is the RME Driver Settings Dialog Icon visible right at the bottom of Windows Desktop ?
    If yes: can you change settings, do you see any Errors ?

You could also try to deinstall and reinstall the driver.

Before doing any more changes I propose that you perform a backup of your OS by creating a disk image.
Either with Windows tools (not the preferred way) or by using a more professional and reliable program
like Macrium Reflect. For one simple image you can use the trial version, but I propose to use the commercial
version as then you can let it run regular on an external disk (i.e. small NAS or USB3 drive).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I've tried to downgrade with  "Go back to an earlier build" Win finction but unobtrusive automatic MS updates were totally ruthless and after third downgrade windows.old was crashed and I have no choice now.

Answers:
1. Yes.
2. After eLCC maintenance Cubase works fine now.
3. RME driver is in the tray, changes are being accepted.

But stand-alones are still blinf.

I think it is time to reinstallation smile
I've never worked with Macrium Reflect, but I think it's a good reason to start.

Ramses, thank you, reinstall helped smile
I've found out that there are all RME drivers since 2014 in OS, maybe it'll be be better ti uninstall all previous versions?

I think this is not worth the effort, its simply a history of installations and
RME installer doesnt remove the previous entries when installing a new one.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13