Topic: Make headphone mix identical to main mix

I've been using Totalmix for a long time and there's one thing I just don't get. In most situations I want my headphone mix (at least one of the two available in the FF802) to be identical to the main mix. I don't use the headphone outputs for the musicians' cue mixes. So for example in a recording situation I just want to be able to mute my speakers and to listen to the same mix via headphones.

But somehow this seems no to be possible with Totalmix. Instead I have to manually position all input faders in the headphones submix so that they mirror the main mix.

Am I missing something? Is it possible somehow to make the headphone mix automatically mirror the main mix?

Re: Make headphone mix identical to main mix

I would say .. you can not digitally store gain settings like with UCX, UFX* (as you have Gain and Volume potis.

But you can store the routing and simply dial in with the potis the volume that you require.

Assign Main Out as -> Analog 1/2
Assign Phones 1 as -> Analog 9/10 (if I remember right)
Assign Phones 2 as -> Analog 11/12

Use submix mode.
Click to Main Out channel, create a submix to Main Out by raising Input and Playback faders for this output channe.
Save this to Snapshot 1

Click to Phones 1 channel, mute Main out, make submix for this output channel.
Save this to Snapshot 2

etc ...

Explained here:

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … teps-DE-E/

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Or just feed your Phones from your "Speaker B" in the Control Room?  You can also "Copy Submix" and apply to the Phones output.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Right click "Copy/Mirror Main out" and right click "Mirror of Main out" on the Phones. Easy!

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Oh sorry, then I misunderstood the question.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Jeff wrote:

Right click "Copy/Mirror Main out" and right click "Mirror of Main out" on the Phones. Easy!

Wow, this seems to be what I am looking for. I've found it in the manual now but I have to say it's pretty well hidden! Gonna try this next time I am in the studio.