Topic: Program can't start because bcryptPrimitives.dll is missing

Fireface UFX -
I was fooling around with the USB wiring while my Win10 laptop system was powered up (foolish, I should have known better) and the Fireface UFX / Totalmix became unresponsive. I then rebooted the machine and I received the error mentioned in the topic, along with a suggestion to reinstall the program to fix the problem. I tired running rmeinstaller (v1.098) but I got the same error. I tried running TotalMixFX and got the same error. I Googled this error but the available fixes either didn't work or were inapplicable to the best of my knowledge. Does anyone here have any suggestions? As far as I can tell, only the Fireface is affected by this.

Re: Program can't start because bcryptPrimitives.dll is missing

This file is neither part of our drivers, nor do our drivers need it or depend on it. It seems to me you have a broken Windows installation that needs repair.

If this effect has something to do with a crash during UFX USB cabling then I would recommend to totally remove the driver first before trying to reinstall it. Device Manager plus System Panel, Software (as described in the manual). Maybe that helps.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Program can't start because bcryptPrimitives.dll is missing

OK, thanks. I believe you're correct. I tried Win10's auto-repair: BSOD. Then reboot in Safe Mode: BSOD. Then reboot in Debug Mode; BSOD. Then Reset Win10 to factory default, wiping all apps: BSOD. So, I'm at the point of just reinstalling Win10 from scratch.