Topic: No input signal. Cubase 5\Fireface 800

Greetings all,

I've just upgraded to an I7 PC running W7 Pro, from a rather old Digital Village PC. Loaded Cubase 5 fine. All licensed and working well. I'm sure this is going to be something daft that I've overlooked, but, playback of recorded channels is working fine, the inputs for the synth module (Inputs 9,10 on Fireface - midi track plus input track in Cubase) are routing fine into Cubase and producing a signal level which outputs fine. However, my mono mic input (input 7) is not producing a signal level in Cubase even though a level is registering on the Fireface 800 channel. I've had a look at the matrix\mixer settings but can't fathom it out.  I have direct monitoring checked in the device section of Cubase. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

Colin.

Re: No input signal. Cubase 5\Fireface 800

Open the Settings dialog, look at the field 'Inputs'...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Handbook page 16

"Inputs
Input selection for the channels 1, 7 and 8. Channel 1 can be the front instrument input, or the
rear TRS jack, or both simultaneously. Channel 7/8 can be the front microphone input, or the
rear TRS jack, or both simultaneously."

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by colin.mold 2017-05-28 10:24:39)

Thanks for the tips.  Though what handbook is it that you refer to ? I just have the Total Mix interface Help, which I'll admit last night I was not in a great mood to read through.

Sorry, but are you joking?

See RME Web Server, either via
- Discontinued Products -> FF800 - > on the left handbook link
- Downloads -> Manuals

Or look here: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24896

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Daw (I won't say Mastermind as it's not appropriate)...why the  haughty comment ? I didn't come on here to make jokes, merely to seek some advice from people who spend more time with the tech than I have time to do - once it works I get on with using it for the reason I purchased it.  If you can't reply with any kind of social graces then don't bother.

More interesting is - did the above fix the problem for you?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No not haughty, only extremely surprised.

Every company offers handbooks and drivers for their hardware via Internet since around 25 years.
I thought that this is common knowledge like cars, fridges, electricity.
Especially for people working with a PC and such special gear like recording interfaces.

In regards to you and your FF800, get the handbook, you will be surprised how much detail is in there.
Handbooks of this detail and quality you will only find with RME products.

And sorry, I didn't want to offend you, I really thought thats a bad joke especially because RME makes such detailed handbooks.

9 (edited by colin.mold 2017-05-28 14:11:26)

DAW - I merely asked which handbook you referred to which only required an answer.  Thank you for  that part of your response at least. 

MC. I don't know yet, but when I have some time this evening I shall look into it and post back.  Thank you as well.

Ok ADAT.

To conclude,  I've now set inputs 1,7 and 8 to use the front inputs and now receive a signal in the Cubase track.  It's not something I've ever paid much attention to as it was set up in 2005 by DV and has always worked, so moving to the new PC and reinstalling the driver set them all to 'rear'.
I have now downloaded the pdf manual for future reference and thanks again for the help.
Colin.

Nice that it works for you now Colin.