Topic: help with a clean install and an OLD RME digi9652

I had to install a new graphics card in my computer. i have been using my digi9652 for about 18 years I think and it is great. along with my yamaha O2R96 I have been happily making records for ever and a day. so during the clean install of windows 7 (because the old digi9652 doesn't have a Win10(64bit) driver) I have had some difficulty getting the card to run. I have sound coming out of the card from reaper into the  console via spidf, BUT I get nothing coming out of the console through the adat connecters. there is no recording level and I am getting a sync error from my yamaha on card slot 1. I am using a lucid 96k word clock as master to sync the console and the digi9652 BUT there is no green wordclock sync LED lit up on the card in the computer. I have the 2.11 driver installed. please help me if you can. this system was working flawless until the re-install of windows 7 32bit took place.

Re: help with a clean install and an OLD RME digi9652

The latest driver is 4.17.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Can you try syncing with the yamaha as master and the rme as slave through adat?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I have tried switching multiple sync settings. master, auto, word clock, all the good ones! HAHA. the driver version 4.17 does not seem to install correctly. the driver version 2.21 at least got the Digi9652 running play back through the card to the console. of course I did find a used HDSP9652 for sale. so I may have to make this move happen to get my studio back up on its feet and earning the mortgage! sad

well shoot NOW none of the drivers are getting the card to work. I uninstalled and when to pop in driver 4.17 to no avail. went down the list of drivers and the only driver that identifies the card are the w2k 2.11 drivers from the archives. no I am the worries guy

6 (edited by vinark 2017-05-31 13:45:38)

The 2.11 is the correct driver! The other ones are for the HDSP versions.
And if the hdsp9652 is cheap go for it. It still works on win10 64....
And with 2.11 check your settings make sure the adats are not set to spdif but adat!
And reseat the card. It might have been bumped when installing the GFX card.

Vincent, Amsterdam

7 (edited by Curranm 2017-05-31 14:22:43)

windows keeps giving me an install error when I go to put in the 2.11 drivers. now I am really stuck!!! I have mix sessions today and recording sessions tonight?!?! damn it what the hell happened?!?! the card is not showing the green LED for word clock input. even though I have the Lucid hooked up to it. I have also gone through the comparability settings in windows to no avail.........

8 (edited by vinark 2017-05-31 14:54:27)

Did you read to included read me for the driver? Maybe try to remove the driver, from device manager, then reboot and then install the driver as instructed. Sorry no further ideas.
And do reseat to card maybe different pci slot and check the ribbon cable if there is one.

Vincent, Amsterdam