Topic: ADI-2 PRO How to connect with Creek Evolution 100a

I would like to connect ADI-2 PRO with Creek Evolution 100a integrated amplifier. Creek has option to connect with XLR inputs. I bought two XLR cables one for left and one for right channel. I need help how to setup the output (volume...). In user manual there is no instructions or I didn't found how to connection to integrated amplifier. Also I don't know what is Encoder 1 and Encoder 2 from the English user manual. Is it possible to attach some pictures how to setup XLR outputs on ADI-2 PRO.

Best Regards!

2 (edited by ramses 2017-05-31 06:25:55)

Re: ADI-2 PRO How to connect with Creek Evolution 100a

> In user manual there is no instructions or I didn't found how to connection to integrated amplifier

To analog out 1/2.

BTW .. where else?
This unit has digital and analog inputs and outputs.
You need an analog output towards your hifi amp.
The phones output its not, its for phones (you could use it but lets simply say its reserved for phones).
You noticed already that this unit has analog outputs to be used with XLR plugs and got a cable.
So you connect ADI-2 Pro analog outputs 1/2 with the XLR cables to your amplifier.

> Also I don't know what is Encoder 1 and Encoder 2 from the English user manual.

Encoder is the technical term for poti (potentiometer).
If you read the 1st chapters of the Handbook then it should be clear from the context.

Chapter 4
"Operation is quick and easy through 3 encoders with push button function and 4 more buttons
to access dedicated menus. The unit remembers all current settings, even the menu position.
Additionally the unit’s whole setup as well as equalizer settings can be stored under individual
names."

Chapter 5.1
"The front of the ADI-2 Pro has 3 hi-precision rotary encoders with push function, 4 buttons, a
standby power button, a high resolution IPS display, and two TRS headphone outputs."

> Is it possible to attach some pictures how to setup XLR outputs on ADI-2 PRO.

Please read the 1st handbook chapters at least, most of the time you should be fine with AUTO mode.
This is a very powerful unit. On the one hand very easy to use by auto mode.
On the other hand you should make yourself familiar with it by starting to read / digest the handbook.

Maybe my blog article helps a little bit in terms of connections, use cases:
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … C3%A4rker/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: ADI-2 PRO How to connect with Creek Evolution 100a

Thank You very much for quick replay, specially for the links. There are a lot of useable things and pictures which are not in user manual!

Best Regards!