Topic: Click, Cracke to Noise until freeze and error

Dear community

I am dealing with a weird problem since I bought the RME UC 400 USB.

Technical data

RME UC 400 USB

- Firmware: v135
- Driver: v3.01

Host System

- Mac Book Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
- CPU: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
- RAM: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

DAW

- Cubase 8.5 (Build February 2017)

Example Using

- Battery 4, a few samples are loaded, no Channel FX used
- HalionOne, one Synth, Cubase integrated EQ
- Sylenth1, one Baseline, no Channel FX

So this is a very low ressource intensive "project". By the way, everything is licensed, no cracked VSTs used.

When I play the track there are some interruptions after a few seconds, like very short ones as like the audio processing is overloaded. I can see in cubase the vst load turns red but just for a half a second. After playing sometimes for 15s sometimes about 30s I get those strange noises going with the audio output signal and sometimes it goes unitl a freeze and I have to restart the soundcard. (Here's an example I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g8t6PBF_aM it's not exactly my issue but it goes that way). After watching this video I routed the internal and cubase audio signal to diffrent software channels so they are not going to interrupt each other (comment in youtube).

Even when I'm playing local stored sound through itunes or rekordbox I can hear sometimes some interruptions but not a freeze. And even when I set the buffer sampling in Cubase to 2048 the problem still exists.

I had this problem since I bought the Soundcard. Meanwhile I erased the whole system and set it up again.

Unfortunately I haven't found a thread using google so I post my problem to the community.

Does somebody had the same issue? What can I do about it? I think I have a clean and strong setup so this must be a configuration issue (my fault? smile )

Greets
kloë