1 (edited by coincoin 2017-07-21 12:39:53)

Topic: babyface pro : probleme of balance

Hello,

One of my babyface pro are configured in 192 kHz as sampling frequency with a 8192 buffer size.
I use the 2 XLR analog inputs and when I send a balanced stereo signal (same level on the left and the right channel), the record shows an imbalance between the left and the right (the right is higher of roughly 10 dB).

I have another babyface pro, and the bug is on the over way : the left channel level is higher than the right one.

Is there a bug into the hardware ?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Remark : I check the TotalMix configuration is ok with 0dB of gain on the 2 channels.

Re: babyface pro : probleme of balance

Toggle PAD.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Do you meen that the pad and TotalMix are dissociated ?
For me a settings into the TotalMix overwrite the pad one, is it false ?

4 (edited by ramses 2017-07-21 16:57:28)

PAD dampenes by -11dB .. make sure that PAD is activated or deactivated for BOTH channels AN1 and AN2.
If these are set to be a stereo channel it SHOULD be the same for both.
Maybe TM Settings got screwed, then reset mixer and check again.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I'm sure that the TM settings are OK, and the pad is deactivated.
The best evidence that this is a hardware problem, is the fact that if I invert the two XLR input I have the same problem (if the left is weaker than the right, it will be the same after inversion).

Is 'Toggle PAD' so hard to understand? The relais switching the Pad on or off might simply be in a wrong state and toggling its state will reset it to work correctly. Just looking at the state doesn't help.

So switch both Pads into the other state and then back again, then check your levels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Now it's ok.

Thanks.

NB : Please, be cool in your response !

Even cooler would be if you try out what other people propose to you ;-)
Esp. as it would have fixed your handling error immediately.

Hint: I would say thanks to the forum, instead of complaining.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13