Topic: Routing s/w inputs to main outputs not working

I’m using Fireface UFX with 8-channel input via USB via Windows 10 / ASIO. My goal is to route s/w input channel 1 to hardware outputs 1 and but, despite the manual indicating that the routing can occur, it doesn’t seem possible either via the mixer or matrix panel. One observation is that AN 1 & 2 out (Main) are shown as being "Stereo" not "Mono" and I don't seem to be able to change this setting. Is this possible to route a single s/w input to both AN 1 and 2 outputs? And, if so, then how?

Re: Routing s/w inputs to main outputs not working

In TotalMix FX menu: Options > Reset Mix > Set all channels mono. MAIN will remain stereo, so you would need to first set MAIN Out to a different unused channel pair, such as AES out.

As far as the routing question, can you make that more clear? I don't understand the problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

In TotalMix FX menu: Options > Reset Mix > Set all channels mono. MAIN will remain stereo, so you would need to first set MAIN Out to a different unused channel pair, such as AES out.

As far as the routing question, can you make that more clear? I don't understand the problem.

Thanks, Jeff. I'm running Total Mix V0.989 and the Reset Mix menu doesn't have the option to set all channels mono. Does this mean that I need to upgrade Total Mix and, if so, then where do I get the download?

All I'm trying to do is route Software Playback AN1 to Hardware output AN1 and AN2 (where Main is set to AN1/2)

Thanks

andrew wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Thanks, Jeff. I'm running Total Mix V0.989 and the Reset Mix menu doesn't have the option to set all channels mono. Does this mean that I need to upgrade Total Mix and, if so, then where do I get the download?

All I'm trying to do is route Software Playback AN1 to Hardware output AN1 and AN2 (where Main is set to AN1/2)

Thanks

Jeff

I've upgraded to the latest version of Total Mix and done Set all channels mono.

Re: routing: I'm trying to route S/W Playback AN1 to Hardware output AN1 / 2 (where Main is set to AN 1/2).

Select the AN 1/2 channels in the bottom row, then raise the fader for Out 1 in the middle row. If you only want it sent to AN 1 out, you will need to pan the middle row playback channel to hard left.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Select the AN 1/2 channels in the bottom row, then raise the fader for Out 1 in the middle row. If you only want it sent to AN 1 out, you will need to pan the middle row playback channel to hard left.

I'm still not getting the desired outcome of Out1 from the middle row routed to both AN1 and AN2. Instead, I'm getting Out1 routed to AN1 and Out2 routed to AN2. If I treat as a stereo pair and pan the middle row hard left then I get Out1 routed to AN1 but AN2 set to 0 as no signal. If, though, I set the Mains as another output (e.g., AES) then I can get it to work. Not sure as the impact of doing this as I've always used the default setting of Mains = AN1/2

I'm still not getting the desired outcome of Out1 from the middle row routed to both AN1 and AN2.

Then your middle row stereo channel has not been changed to 2 mono channels. Click on the channel's tool symbol and then on Stereo to deactivate it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME