1 (edited by SonicExplorer 2017-08-31 19:40:59)

Topic: How to Transfer a FF400 Config To a New DAW?

Hi,

It has been forever since I initially installed the FF400 on my DAW so I was hoping to get some guidance on transferring the configuration to a new DAW. So that when I power up the new DAW the FF400 app settings (config and mixer) appear identical.  After installing the FF400 driver(s), what additional procedures are involved?  Are there some configuration files I need to copy over as well?

Thanks for any guidance,

Sonic

2 (edited by SonicExplorer 2017-09-04 00:06:30)

Re: How to Transfer a FF400 Config To a New DAW?

Not sure why nobody knew this answer but I figured it out myself after chasing my tail for hours. So thought I'd share the solution....

There are config files that can be generated from within TotalMix which are hidden under the Windows OS.  If you save the current settings on the source machine you can use that configuration file to locate where it is hidden, and then go into Windows explorer to make that folder visible.  Then copy that file over to the target machine (in the same directory).  Then in TotalMix simply load that config file and the settings will then match that of the source machine.

Obviously you can also flash settings right into the FF400, but if you have a different stand-alone default configuration and prefer to keep it that way, then you need this method to transfer the TotalMix settings over to a new machine.

Sonic