Topic: Babyface PRO (power supply) via ADAT to extend UFX

Hi there,

So the title is a little strange but I have a problem, and I suspect it is fairly straight forward. I have a UFX and a Babyface pro and I would like to use the Babyface pro as ADAT ins/outs for the UFX, and I would also like to use a power supply to power the Babyface. I have a 12v, 1.25A power supply that should work, but when I try to power the Babyface using the power supply nothing happens.

If I plug in the USB the babyface powers on, UFX detects it and everything is fine, but if I unplug the USB cable the device powers down. Babyface does not draw power from the supply (alteast my Brennensthul powerstrip doesn't report any draw).

Am I doing womething wrong? I have tried both CC and normal mode on the babyface.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Re: Babyface PRO (power supply) via ADAT to extend UFX

Wrong polarity on the power supply?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Overmann 2017-09-03 17:25:53)

I did not know that that was a thing before now, but having looked into it as far as I can tell the polarity is correct.

I have tried a couple of power adapters now, and none of them have worked. I might have to get the official one.
Do I understand it correctly that it's just supposed to power on the moment it's connected to the power supply? There is no combination of  buttonpresses to turn it on?

Right. Note that typical guitar effects power supplies have an opposite polarity (- in the center, + outside). But that should be mentioned somewhere on the ps itself.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME