Topic: UFX II and iPhone audio

Hello All

I recently purchased a UFX  II and an Octamic XTC for recording our band in the rehearsal room.
We are recording into Studio One 3 and successfully recorded our jam last week, using 16 tracks. Sounds are much better quality than the previous Presonus StudioLive mixer we had...
I have searched for this in these forums but couldn't find an answer so I'm gonna post the query now to get it resolved.
BTW I'm a complete newb to RME stuff and am finding the learning curve very steep so far, so please be patient!

Here is my question:  Before recording a cover song, we like to listen to the original, which is typically located on someone`s iPhone/iPad. With the Presonus StudioLive we listened to the iPad/iPhone over the StudioLive monitors using a mini-jack to RCA cable: mini-jack for the audio output of the Apple device and red/white RCA plugs on the back of the StudioLive.
How to do that with the RME and/or Octamic? What cable do I need - minijack to XXX?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cheers
plankspanker

Re: UFX II and iPhone audio

I have the UFX and use a 3.5mm Stereo to dual RCA cable. Then I use RCA-1/4" mono plugs for Channels 1 and 2 and plug the iPhone into those. Works perfect. However, it does take up two of the hardware input channels.

Re: UFX II and iPhone audio

Thanks Ghostman

That is a very simple solution...I will give it a try. Because we have the Octamic XTC as well as the UFX II we do have 2 spare balanced line level inputs on the rear of the UFX, so I think you`ve solved this one straight off; many, many thanks!

cheers
plankspanker