I am having the same issues and I have been troubleshooting for months.
Majorly Disruptive, Intermittent audio glitching.
Troubleshooting has led me to these conclusions.
1. The "Bitwig Studio" DAW runs without problems when I use the macbook pro's in built soundcard.
2. Bitwig has major audio glitching issues when using RME babyface Pro or RME Fireface UCX sound cards.
3. Logic Pro runs perfectly using built in sound card or either of the RME sound cards.
4. 3 other producer friends of mine have confirmed with me that when they run Ableton Live and RME sound card, they have the exact same intermittent audio glitching issue.
5. One of the friends mentioned above resorted to buying a different brand sound card which resulted in no more glitches for them.
6. Increasing the buffer size in Bitwig Studio makes no difference to this glitch issue.
7. Removing several Instances of VST Plug-ins makes no difference to this glitch Issue.
8 Installing all updates for Bitwig, RME Drivers & Mac OSX does not fix the issue.
9. A representative from Apple told me that the issue must be fixed by RME.
An RME representative told me that the issue must be fixed by Apple.
I hope these points somehow help us all get a solution to this major problem. I am so close to abandoning RME and buying a Universal Audio Audio Interface.
Here are the current specs of my equipment.
Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Processor - 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics - Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
Sound Card - RME Fireface UCX
Sound Card - RME Babyface Pro
Logic Pro 10.4.0