Topic: Totalmix FX is pink and blurry

Hello all! First post here.

I updated the firmware and drivers on my UFX. Since then, when I open Totalmix FX, it is pink, black, and blurry. I can't read or see anything well enough to make any adjustments.

I've tried restarting, reloading drivers, and reflashing  the firmware (1.6something) to no avail. It does this whether connected via USB or fw400. It seems to work just fine, with the exception of Totalmix.

Any ideas about what's going wrong? Any possible solutions?

I don't have my complete hardware list at the moment, but I've done the best I can below.

Thanks all!

Win 7 SP1
Gigabyte p43t something or other
Core 2 quad q9550 @ 2.83 gb
8 gb ram
Nvidia 8400gs

Re: Totalmix FX is pink and blurry

TotalMix FX, Preferences, Graphics, disable Use D2D. If that works then trash your graphics card...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Perfect. Worked like a charm!  I didn't recognize other problems with it on the forum as being the same issue. Sorry for that.

Do you have any recommendations for a compatible graphics card?

I need:

Pci-e
Dual monitor support
Win 7 64 compatibility
That's about it.

Thanks so much!

4 (edited by ramses 2017-10-24 06:50:21)

With this level of information its not possible to give you any recommendation better than this:

https://geizhals.de/?cat=gra16_512& … 653_NVIDIA

You need to look what plugs you require and how far you want to go.
A full passive card I wouldnt take anymore, because since nVidias Maxwell chip the graphic cards are very energy efficient if you do not take an overclocked model. And the "Zero Fan Feature" means usually that blowers of the graphic card will not work until the GPU reaches over 60°C.

MSI uses blowers that do not generate unpleasent noise shall they run.
Usually the Blowers of my GTX 980 never run, because the card stays unter 60°C.
When gaming it comes up to 54°C this makes my PC extremely silent even with a gamer card.

Take one of the not so much overclocked card and look how far you want to go.
But with your CPU a too powerful card will not make sense, so use entry level card.
Like i.e. this: https://geizhals.de/msi-geforce-gtx-105 … mp;hloc=de

If you want 2 times Displayport or whatever then you need to set different filter.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

If you have a Steinberg host you should not buy a Nvidia at the moment.
They recommend ATI

Do you have a source for this claim ?
I had absolutely no issues at least with my 2 MSI cards, GTX 970 then 980 4G Gaming and wonder what the issue shall be.
Many thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The issue is found everywhere in this forum. Clicks and pops? nVidia! And this goes on for a decade at least. Sometimes fixed, then coming back again. There were times where we also recommended Matrox, then ATI to work around exactly these problems. Now back to today: I am not aware of such a recomendation from Steinberg, but I woudn't be astonished about it either.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by ramses 2017-10-24 17:11:32)

Well, then I had luck with my 2 cards. I also updated nVidia Drivers regulary, until some months ago I had a performance Issue with one driver upgrade. But before that since 3 years, zero problems. So different things can be in the IT wink

Ich habe derzeit ein Ticket bei Steinberg laufen, weil Cubase mitten während des arbeitens ohne Vorwarnung komplett auf den Desktop crasht. Hier sind zwei Zitate von Steinberg aus diesem Ticket:

"Der Absturz scheint durch die "imagegenerator.dll" provoziert zu werden.
Dieses Problem tritt derzeit bei Systemen mit bestimmten Nvidia Karten (und Treibern) auf."

und

"Wenn Sie Ihre Grafikkarte tatsächlich austauschen möchten, würde ich derzeit ein ATI Modell empfehlen.
Mit den Nvidia Karten und Treibern gibt es derzeit leider einige Probleme mit Real-Time Audio Anwendungen."