Topic: Is my FireFace UFX faulty

Hi

My fireface seems to be acting really weird lately. When i first turn every thing on, theres no sound at all but the volume bar on the display and the computer software shows there is sound going on.

After a while suddenly out of no where all the lights go on and the screen shows red bars on all the volume channels and my speakers make horrible crackling and static noise.

Then after about 20 minutes some times longer, it just stops and then suddenly i have sound and it works for the rest of the day with no issues at all.

It had worked perfectly fine for like 2 years and now this suddenly happens.

My device software version is 1.59 and i downloaded the latest windows ten driver yesterday so its all up to date in that regard.

Has my device become faulty? How can i fix it, can i get it replaced?

Re: Is my FireFace UFX faulty

It sounds like you have some problems around the power supply. Contact your local RME distributor for a hardware check up.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/support.php

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Is my FireFace UFX faulty

I had problems with mine, also after 2 years. But this one went dead without warning. My dealer sent it to RME & luckily it got repaired under warranty. They did not report back on what was wrong, but i expect they replaced the internal power supply as it seems an issue with some RME hardware from this period. Faulty power supplies. Just ask your dealer what to do in case you have to pay up; these power supplies are only available through RME in Europe at around 100 euro, but i saw them for sale in China at about 25% of that price, in case you seek another route. F