Topic: Babyface ADAT Sync problem with Presonus Digimax FS

I have an original Babyface and I'm trying to get 8 more inputs via ADAT from a Digimax FS, but they are not syncing up. I have two new Toslink cables going into Babyface from FS out and vice versa. Babyface sees a signal. I can tell because the sync light flashes regularly, which apparently means it sees something but cannot lock. In the control panel, under "Input Status," it keeps jumping back and forth between "Optical No Lock" and "ADAT Lock 32kHz." I have the Presonus set to 44.1 kHz. In fact, there is no 32kHz option. So I'm really curious where that is coming from. If I put the Babyface clock source into "Optical In" mode, The sample rate toggles red and black and intermittently says "Current 32000 Hz", and the Clock Source toggles between "Current ADAT" and "Current Internal."

I also have ADAT out of the Babyface going into the Digimax, but the Digimax seems to be scanning to find the sample rate, it's indicator lights flashing up 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96.

I have the latest RME driver 1.099, running on Windows 10 machine.

Thanks!

Re: Babyface ADAT Sync problem with Presonus Digimax FS

Looks like both units are slave. One of them must be Master, running on internal clock.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I should have been more clear. I've tried with one internal and the other slave and vice versa.

RME adat is not set to spdif?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Nope, RME is set to ADAT, but that is referring to "Optical Out." On the Babyface there is no ADAT/SPDIF choice on input. That choice is Internal/Optical In.

My best guess is the Digimax FS is broken. I just got it off eBay, and when I brought the matter up with the seller, he immediately refunded. Surprisingly fast with the refund, which makes me wonder if he didn't know there was a problem. I posted here to make sure there wasn't something stupid I'm missing.