1 (edited by occamsrazor 2017-11-26 10:35:06)

Topic: USB volume control on Mac OS X

Hi,

I'm looking at the ADI-2 Pro for home hifi use, and feel like I've read every thread and the manual but am still not clear about one thing...

Does it support USB volume control under Mac OS X? I don't mean DSP volume control within a Mac application but the ability for the Mac side to send USB commands to directly change the internal volume of the ADI-2 Pro itself. I believe this is known as USB HID volume control (?). I note in the manual it says fully UAC 2.0 class compliant so I would think it should, but I need to know for sure.

Specifically I am looking for the ability to use the volume slider in apps like Audirvana, Roon ("Use Device Controls" in Volume control mode setting), iTunes, etc to directly control the internal volume of the ADI-2 Pro, and likewise for changes in volume using the rotary encoder of the unit to be reflected back to the app.

Apologies if I haven't used the right terminology but I hope my question is understandable.

Thanks.....

Mac Mini > Roon > RME ADI-2 DAC > ATC SCM-11 speakers and C1 subwoofer

Re: USB volume control on Mac OS X

This feature is not supported, sorry..

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the quick reply. That's a shame as it is so useful in a hifi setup, especially given the lack of remote control. Is it something you might consider adding in later firmware, or is it a hardware limitation?

Mac Mini > Roon > RME ADI-2 DAC > ATC SCM-11 speakers and C1 subwoofer

I would very much like to know the answer to that question too.
Thank you