Topic: Cubase Setup Problem

I jumped ship on the sinking Sonar, and am now setting up Cubase to work with my Fireface UFX.

Except that I can't get playback to work properly.

I added an audio loop to a track, and pressed play. I hear the sound, but the playback stutters. I have the UFX set to 2048 samples, which is the highest latency. I've tried other audio loops also...same stutter problem.

I uninstalled the UFX driver, unplugged the UFX, downloaded the latest driver, installed it, and flashed the firmware. But I'm experiencing the same stutter problem on playback.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Re: Cubase Setup Problem

Hangdog Cat wrote:

I jumped ship on the sinking Sonar, and am now setting up Cubase to work with my Fireface UFX.

Except that I can't get playback to work properly.

I added an audio loop to a track, and pressed play. I hear the sound, but the playback stutters. I have the UFX set to 2048 samples, which is the highest latency. I've tried other audio loops also...same stutter problem.

I uninstalled the UFX driver, unplugged the UFX, downloaded the latest driver, installed it, and flashed the firmware. But I'm experiencing the same stutter problem on playback.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

You'll need to go to setup.. be sure you have your asio driver there...
Then in connections go to outputs & ensure you have the correct ones selected.

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

I must have the correct outputs selected, or I wouldn't be hearing any audio output. But in fact I do hear sound...it's just glitchy.

If I decrease the latency it gets worse.

The ASIO driver is visible as a device under Studio/Studio Setup/VST Audio System. It says ASIO Fireface USB.

However, I notice that in the Clock Source field, it does not say Internal. It says Settings, except the text is not centered in the field. The text is toward the top of the field, with the upper third obscured. And clicking on the arrow does not show a dropdown menu. It does nothing.

Hangdog Cat wrote:

I must have the correct outputs selected, or I wouldn't be hearing any audio output. But in fact I do hear sound...it's just glitchy.

If I decrease the latency it gets worse.

The ASIO driver is visible as a device under Studio/Studio Setup/VST Audio System. It says ASIO Fireface USB.

However, I notice that in the Clock Source field, it does not say Internal. It says Settings, except the text is not centered in the field. The text is toward the top of the field, with the upper third obscured. And clicking on the arrow does not show a dropdown menu. It does nothing.

Ah! Sorry I didn't read properly! Have you tried turning asio guard off (in cubase options) can sometimes do weird things.

_

Do you mean under VST Audio Systems?

There's an option for ASIO-Guard Level, which can be set to Low, Normal or High. I've now tried all 3, but the audio is still glitchy.

Hangdog Cat wrote:

Do you mean under VST Audio Systems?

There's an option for ASIO-Guard Level, which can be set to Low, Normal or High. I've now tried all 3, but the audio is still glitchy.

Hi yep.. the only issue ive ever had with cubase and my ufx was a stopped recording error when recording 28 tracks into cubase... disabling asio guard sorted that out...
never had a single glitch or issue in years (windows x64, with ufx plugged into usb)

Im guessing you didn't get any glitches using sonar?
apologies cant help more, but just wanted to say the UFX and cubase pro work well.

good luck
Garry

_