Topic: DIGICheck performance under Windows 10

Hi!

Recently migrated from macOS to Windows 10 and have some questions about the operation of DIGICheck under Windows. Tried searching the help and forum with no luck.

Basically, with low buffer size (64) and Totalyzer/Spectral Analyzer activated I get constant glitches in audio, as if the CPU was bogged. Even with single audio track in DAW. Yet, neither Task Manager or DAW show any significant CPU load. Increasing the buffer size to 128 reduces the amount of glitches, but they still occur constantly, and no significant change in CPU usage. Only at buffer size of 1024 they seem to disappear completely, but can't say for sure. Also, the glitching doesn't start instantly, but after a few seconds of clean playback.

When ASIO driver is activated from DAW, sometimes the WDM playback turns into completely distorted garbage when Totalyzer is running. Reopening WDM playback source app and/or changing the buffer size from the USB driver panel seems to solve this temporarily, until it starts to happen again.

Also, compared to macOS, the refresh rate of Totalyzer seems tediously sluggish even at fastest (15 ms) setting. Although this could be just me thinking it's slower, I find it strange as from what I read the performance under Windows should be better than under macOS. Or at least if I understood correctly, under macOS certain functions should suffer from CPU penalty.

All these problems disappear when using hardware based level metering in DIGICheck, and everything is ok. Without ASIO running the WDM playback from various sources seems unaffected and clean with Totalyzer running. Am I missing something here?

Interface is Fireface UCX, computer is relatively powerful i7 6700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 960, SSD drive, Windows installation is fresh and with latest updates and drivers.