Topic: Adi 8 QS AD-DA simultaneously ?

Is it possible, with ADI-8-QS , to simultaneously convert AD an get the analog signal on the analog outputs (jack or db25) ?

Like that, it would be a way to monitor the sound
thanks

Re: Adi 8 QS AD-DA simultaneously ?

I suppose you mean "[...] and get the digital signal on the analog outputs [...]"

Yes, of course. For A/D the signal is converted to all digital outputs (ADAT, AES and optional MADI). For the D/A you can select which digital input you want to use for the conversion (ADAT, AES or optional MADI).

Jack or DB25: both. They have their own drivers and both are simultaneously operational, cf. p. 29 in the manual.

And it is the best DA for monitoring the sound on the market, because 1) it uses the fastest converter chip (12 samples latency!!!), 2) it comes with a nice little remote control that gives you access to gain, dim and even store and recall your preferred listening gain 3) it can be extended with an option card (thus, you don't need to throw it away when we have our first 17000-channel-AES in ten years).

So buy it and enjoy :-)
Best regards,
Max

... and

4) remote control over MIDI or MADI, so you can sit in the control room and remote control all QS (and Micstasy) without leaving your mouse.

best regards
Knut

Arokisdom wrote:

Is it possible, with ADI-8-QS , to simultaneously convert AD an get the analog signal on the analog outputs (jack or db25) ?

The TRS and DB-25 inputs are hardwired in parallel, means they can be used as passive splitter. If you want no problems and an additional driver stage, simply use one of the digital outputs with a loopback cable to DA-convert the digitized signal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks a lot MC, It's exactly which answer I search !

Regards
Arokisdom
happy owner of one Adi8QS

Arokisdom wrote:

happy owner of one Adi8QS

2nd!

I do AD/DA "pass through" thanks to Totalmix, just a piece of cake!
Totalmix / 8QS is probably the most versatile setup available on the market place to date
Hardware / Software remote capability, great sound, fine tuning of individual or groups of I/O's channels, global output loudness control, what to expect more...
Yes, again, an audiophile like case with LCD color display, XLR connectors, but also a few dozens of ?? to leave for a better appeal, so...
Enjoy the QS
:-)

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II