Topic: My Screaming Baby...Face

My finger came near to a usb cable connected to my computer and  an arc of static electricity jumped from the finger to the cable. Immediately the Babyface began screaming through my headphones like a person on fire. I immediately went through the routine of disconnecting it from its usb cable connected to the computer. The noise stopped. Reconnecting it the same horrid sound commenced. I disconnected many times, restarted the computer many times, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, switched around all the usb cables for the various hardware atrached to the computer, and then finally it was once again fine.

My questions are, why did this happen in the first place and how can I remedy the situation better the next time this happens? This is not the first time it has acted this way. Another time I turned on an electrical strip that had a guitar amp and a microphone preamp plugged into it and the same screaming bloody murder scream, then once before the Babyface was unplugged by an ignorant person without informing the computer he was pulling out the cable.

Hope you are having a wonderful solstice season and thank you for any reply forthcoming.

Cleve