Topic: Routing A Mic From A FFUC To An HDSPe

Hey quick question,

I have a HDSPe hooked up to a Fireface UC via ADAT to share audio between two computers and am trying to find the best way to route a mic plugged into the UC to the HDSPe.

Right now I just have it routed through the ADAT 7/8 output on the UC and then I have the ADAT 7/8 input turned up on the Analog 1/2 channel on the HDSPe and looped back. This carries the audio just fine and allows me to record in Ableton while remaining on ASIO without having to switch to MME/DirectX (as only Analog can be used for ASIO, or at least I think so). The only problem with this is there is a very noticeable delay when monitoring the mic in Ableton, less so then there would be with recording on one of the ADAT channels via MME/DirectX but it's still there. I assume this is because the Loopback?

So my question is - is there anyway for me to route Mic 1 from the UC to Analog Input 1/2 on the HDSPe without looping back or physically outputting it to that input with cables?

The way I have it right now works well enough because I can obviously direct monitor the mic without Ableton and no delay but it is still recorded into Ableton with slight delay. Meaning I have to move the track back just a tad to get it on time, and I have to mess with a few more channels to get everything working. Was thinking maybe someone on here knows something I don't / couldn't find in the manuals.

Thanks for any help!